Compare LA County Department of Public Works vs 211 LA County BETASee how working at LA County Department of Public Works vs. 211 LA County compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at LA County Department of Public Works vs. 211 LA County. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- LA County Department of Public Works scored higher in 4 areas: Overall Rating, Work-life balance, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
- 211 LA County scored higher in 4 areas: Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Career Opportunities.
What Employees Say
I worked at LA County Department of Public Works for less than a year
- Easy work, mostly administrative duties and phone calls - Civil Engineering Student position gets pay increase along with engineers in the same union category (though one doesn't need to join the... union for that benefit - Chance to go in the field numerous times depending on division - Can work in position up to six (6) months post graduation - Gateway to enter as entry-level Civil Engineering Assistant
- No real engineering work; thus, no skills transferable if looking to work for more technical engineering firm - Sometimes no work and left sitting at desk looking at Reddit all day - They use... Bentley Microstation because all the designs from the '80s were done in that and it would be "too difficult" to convert/switch over to a more CONTEMPORARY software, i.e. AutoCAD