Compare J D Wetherspoon vs JOEY Restaurants BETASee how working at J D Wetherspoon vs. JOEY Restaurants compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at J D Wetherspoon vs. JOEY Restaurants. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- J D Wetherspoon scored higher in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
- JOEY Restaurants scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Pub" was the most mentioned Pro at J D Wetherspoon.
- "Great people" was the most mentioned Pro at JOEY Restaurants.
- J D Wetherspoon had 172 more reviews than JOEY Restaurants that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
I have been working at J D Wetherspoon for more than a year
The quarterly bonuses are the best depending on how your Pub performs. Staff are generally very friendly, but like everywhere it depends on the people.
If you struggle to work under pressure, that may be a con for you depending on how busy your pub gets and/or if you're lacking staff, you'll have to step up and do more work than usual. If you... don't show your eagerness to learn new stations and improve you may end up being stuck on a role such as pot washer, which will drive you insane after a while. Management can be very strict depending on which pub you work at, as Audits affect bonuses it is only natural for managers to want everyone to perform the work to the best of their abilities.
Advice to Management
Positive reinforcement, and willingness to allow new and old staff to learn new work may benefit the company in the long run.