Compare Groupon vs Shopify BETASee how working at Groupon vs. Shopify compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Groupon vs. Shopify. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Groupon scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
- Shopify scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Groupon.
- "Work from home" was the most mentioned Pro at Shopify.
- "Upper management" was the most mentioned Con at Groupon.
- "Gurus" was the most mentioned Con at Shopify.
I have been working at Groupon full-time for more than 3 years
- Good reward system, - Team work: Productive work atmosphere among co-workers, - No need to be politically correct. As a sales rep you can be yourself. - Good school for newbies in corporate... sales. - You get help from your manager to make sure you reach your goal. - You will get the feeling that you get to impact your environment around you. Challenging but rewarding job. - I personaly think that Groupon is a huge stepping stone in my career generally.
- Heavy workload to reach your goal - You constantly need to renew yourself. You cannot rely on your past achievements. Working at Groupon is a marathon not a sprint.
I worked at Shopify full-time for more than 3 years
Shopify is at the top of the Canadian technology scene. Smart, performance oriented, crazy sustained growth means you will see things you can’t see anywhere else. This is how the big companies you... know about happened and it’s happening to a Canadian company. You can help. Wins matter in this business and Shopify is winning.
Pace and growth rate mean even though the company has the best of intentions, often challenges happen because no one has solved issues yet. Sometimes it’s fun being in the rocket but sometimes the... g-forces can get you.
Advice to Management
Company values are highly individualistic and while that feels great for a while eventually a collective, team oriented perspective provides more meaning to people. May need a pivot to that over time.... Otherwise...thanks. 👍