Compare Grand Circle Travel vs Vantage Deluxe World Travel BETASee how working at Grand Circle Travel vs. Vantage Deluxe World Travel compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Grand Circle Travel vs. Vantage Deluxe World Travel. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Grand Circle Travel scored higher in 5 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance and Culture & Values.
- Vantage Deluxe World Travel scored higher in 3 areas: CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- "Travel benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Grand Circle Travel.
- "North station" was the most mentioned Pro at Vantage Deluxe World Travel.
- "Call center" was the most mentioned Con at Grand Circle Travel.
- "No one" was the most mentioned Con at Vantage Deluxe World Travel.
I have been working at Grand Circle Travel
There are none- they use you, abuse you and then fire 99% of a team.
Terrible logistics support, entitled Inner Circle members, unrealisitc rating system, flawed itinerary
Advice to Management
Care more about the people instead of "numbers"from a few survey results.
I worked at Vantage Deluxe World Travel full-time
Near the train station. That's it.
The worst, most toxic environment I have ever worked in. You're better off unemployed. The owner is about the worst boss imaginable, who changes his mind on a constant basis and then will blame you... for doing it wrong (aka the way he wanted it the first time). People get fired without cause at a moment's notice, most employees last well under a year - there's a reason they don't put permanent name badges on the office doors!
Advice to Management
Not much can be done given most of the problems stem from the very top. Get rid of the owner in a day-to-day capacity and put someone in charge who knows what they're doing.