Compare Electronic Arts vs Ubisoft BETASee how working at Electronic Arts vs. Ubisoft compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Electronic Arts vs. Ubisoft. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Electronic Arts scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- Ubisoft had 21 more reviews than Electronic Arts that mentioned "Work environment" as a Pro.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Electronic Arts.
- "Low salary" was the most mentioned Con at Ubisoft.
I worked at Electronic Arts full-time for more than 8 years
Fantastic benefits, amazing offices, and opportunities to experience every aspect of the video game industry. EA takes self-improvement very seriously (for individual contributors, and technical... roles) providing an incredible amount of in-house training and subsidizing external eduction options.
It may not be the case anymore, but during my time I encountered many senior leaders that exhibited a fear of failure that indicated they were not comfortable with technology. The negative effect of... this was then compounded when rather than close the knowledge gap, and become more comfortable with technology, they would resort to political games to buffer/protect themselves.
Advice to Management
EA is a technology company, and in my opinion management should reflect that. If you are a non-technical manager, or one with fading skills and interest in technology, take advantage of the programs... and materials EA has to close the knowledge gap or to re kindle the passion for technology that you once had.