Compare Chevron Phillips Chemical vs Chevron BETASee how working at Chevron Phillips Chemical vs. Chevron compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Chevron Phillips Chemical vs. Chevron. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Chevron Phillips Chemical scored higher in 2 areas: CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Chevron scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
What Employees Say
- "9 80" was the most mentioned Pro at Chevron Phillips Chemical.
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Chevron.
- Chevron had 46 more reviews than Chevron Phillips Chemical that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I have been working at Chevron Phillips Chemical full-time for more than 8 years
9/80, several locations, good safety culture
Limited career opportunities; Entry level management positions really only available for the favored few who will also often move up quickly, and whose careers are actively managed by mid/upper... management. Health plans structured such that high deductible plan is cheapest option, but has fairly high deductibles (9k in network, separate 12k? out of network, and they don't cross apply). Instituted yearly charge for having spouse on medical if they could get it through their employer. Overtime expected for many, and compensation for salaried employees for the extra hours works out to a fraction of their normal hourly-equivalent rate. Depending on the site, tend to run fairly understaffed.
Advice to Management
Technical shouldn't be a dead-end career, and isn't seen that way by competitors given the number of peers having left recently . It's nice to see some people actively managed (managed moves), but... most of us don't get that kind of forward looking career guidance and are left to feel stagnant and forgotten, if not actively told to stay in position. The health benefit cost increases are becoming egregious.
I worked at Chevron full-time
Good support, knowledgeable people, good work/life balance, every other Friday off
Too focused on inclusion, diversity, equality and all the trendy stuff, instead of being business focused
Advice to Management
Focus on business results - this is not a social club