Compare Charles Schwab vs Edward Jones BETASee how working at Charles Schwab vs. Edward Jones compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Charles Schwab vs. Edward Jones. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Charles Schwab scored higher in 3 areas: Compensation & Benefits, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Edward Jones scored higher in 5 areas: Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values and CEO Approval.
- Both tied in 1 area: Overall Rating.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Charles Schwab.
- "Home office" was the most mentioned Pro at Edward Jones.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Charles Schwab.
- "Door knocking" was the most mentioned Con at Edward Jones.
I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for more than 3 years
A strong culture of respect, support, and kindness provides a foundation for every employee at Schwab. I appreciate the thoughtful way Schwab approaches all aspects of employee development and care.... I feel like my manager is an advocate who thinks about and works to secure my future. Schwab ERGs allow me to be involved in things that matter to me, including supporting equity for Black and LGBTQ Americans. Schwab demonstrates the best of what corporate America can be.
Schwab is working towards more diversity at the executive committee level, but, objectively, it's not there yet. I would love to see Schwab further commit to environmental responsibility--and demand... it of vendors (like the Schwab Cafe). There is some good effort there, but this is an opportunity to lead that aligns with Schwab's orientation toward planning and preparing for the future. I would like to see only organic gardening practices on site (no damaging herbicides or pesticides), re-use of our own composting, reliance on reusing dishes and silverware (removal of plastic options), and investing in renewable energy infrastructure (solar, wind, geothermal) on campuses.
Advice to Management
Continue to be transparent. You are doing an amazing job. I am so proud (and happy) to work here.