Compare BD vs Baylis Medical Company BETASee how working at BD vs. Baylis Medical Company compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at BD vs. Baylis Medical Company. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- BD scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Baylis Medical Company scored higher in 1 area: Senior Management.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Career Opportunities and Culture & Values.
What Employees Say
- BD had 159 more reviews than Baylis Medical Company that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at BD.
- "Growing pains" was the most mentioned Con at Baylis Medical Company.
I worked at BD
Good management who value their employees and reward their work with greater responsibility. Excellent company culture and a friendly working environment.
Can sometimes be difficulties in communication when working alongside international associates
I have been working at Baylis Medical Company full-time for less than a year
Baylis has a strong culture of caring about its employees and emphasizing work/life balance on the whole. I know a lot of people have been putting in extra effort during the Ventilators for Canadians... project but outside of that they provide lots of flexibility in working hours and working from home. Baylis is a great place to grow your career because they are open to people moving internally and supporting them in their education (either formally or through learning on the job). There are lots of ways to feel included at Baylis, either through the clubs they offer or the different lunch and learn sessions. The President is friendly and approachable and makes a point to speak to new employees.
There are no major cons I can think of. I know the Ventilators for Canadians project has been tough on anyone, but its meaningful and worthwhile work. The company has grown a lot in the last 5 years... and has done really well with managing that growth.
Advice to Management
Keep it up! We're moving in the right direction.