Compare Apple vs Microsoft BETASee how working at Apple vs. Microsoft compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Apple vs. Microsoft. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Apple scored higher in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
- Microsoft scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- Apple had 42 more reviews than Microsoft that mentioned "Great benefits" as a Pro.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Apple.
- "Review system" was the most mentioned Con at Microsoft.
I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 5 years
The company cares about work/life balance, making it a great place to work. They do pay lower wages than the other big tech companies, but for me this is a good tradeoff because you don't have to... burn yourself out. Disclaimer: Microsoft is huge, so YMMV. It depends on the division and the team you're on.
Too much bureaucracy. Inter-team cooperation is abysmal.