Compare American Airlines vs Alaska Airlines BETASee how working at American Airlines vs. Alaska Airlines compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at American Airlines vs. Alaska Airlines. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- American Airlines scored higher in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
- Alaska Airlines scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- American Airlines had 461 more reviews than Alaska Airlines that mentioned "Flight benefits" as a Pro.
- American Airlines had 323 more reviews than Alaska Airlines that mentioned "Travel benefits" as a Pro.
- American Airlines had 84 more reviews than Alaska Airlines that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
I have been working at Alaska Airlines part-time for more than 3 years
Good culture, great benefits, employee stock purchase
Shift work, stressed but not getting paid enough, not flexible on schedule
Advice to Management
Don't lay people off when we need more staff to cover sick leave and vacation