What does a Technical Recruiter do?
A Technical Recruiter is a Human Resource specialist that assists in the proper staffing of technical positions within an organization. To do this, a Technical Recruiter meets with members of management and identifies job openings. From there, they seek out well-qualified applicants and encourage them to apply for available positions. A Technical Recruiter will also participate in the interview process and Assess potential hires technical knowledge. Once hired they will assist in ensuring the proper completion of paperwork and required documentation.
Many employees holding the position of Technical Recruiter have a bachelor's degree in Human Resources or the technology field. Professional certification in Human Resources (PHR) is considered desirable. This position relies heavily on interpersonal skills, organization and the ability to recruit top talent. Individuals with deep insight into the needs of the company and a specialized understanding of tech positions tend to excel in the position of Technical Recruiter.
- Perform required criminal background checks and reach out to previous employers to determine the accuracy of applicant information
- Meet with Human Resources to have a full-scale understanding of hiring needs and available positions within the company
- Actively work toward building a diverse and qualified tech team to support the organization
- Participate in meetings with hiring managers to determine vacant tech-related positions and the preferred attributes for potential hires
- Using standardized screening techniques, Assess the skills, qualifications and experience of hopeful candidates
- Conduct preliminary interviews with recruits to gauge interest, personality and salary requirements
- Provide feedback to management about details regarding applications
- Ensure proper onboarding for new hires and the necessary paperwork is completed promptly and accurately
- Professional Human Resources certification strongly preferred
- Previous experience interviewing and assessing potential hired for technology positions and assisting with onboarding processes
- Experience in the continual development of talent pipelines and sourcing potential candidates
- Firm understanding and implementation of recruiting metrics to drive decision-making is strongly preferred
- Previous experience developing and executing recruiting marketing and branding strategies
- Experience working with a diverse team and striving for fairness in hiring all races, genders and ages
- Proficient in using company software and databases to connect with and reach out to potential candidates
- Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally
- Ability to speak knowledgeably about the company and answer any technical questions a potential hire may have
Technical Recruiter Salaries near Canada
Average Base Pay
Technical Recruiter Career Path
Learn how to become a Technical Recruiter, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Technical Recruiter Insights
“Innovative and attractive technical projects that allow our team to recruit the best talent in the industry”
“Best place to work great platform to work and developing skills for furthur level of career growth”
“I can already tell the recruiting team is the best and I’ve only been here for about a month.”
“I am learning and growing every day due to great support i receive from my peers.”
“This undoubtedly flows into the innovative solutions and exceptional experiences we bring to our customers.”
“There is no career path and ownership will not add any value to your career.”
“TEKsystems is a great learning platform where I am getting to learn lots and lots of things.”
“I have the best time engaging with my teammates and exploring options to give a good candidate experience.”
Technical Recruiter Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Technical Recruiter
When working as a Technical Recruiter, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are Excellent Communication, Diversity Sourcing, Strong WORK Ethic, Negotiation and Talent Sourcing.
- Recruitment Consultant
- Corporate Recruiter
- IT Recruiter
The most common qualifications to become a Technical Recruiter is a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.
Get anonymous career insight from your peers
Anonymously discuss career and development by joining our professional communities
Feel free to post any interview questions you might be asked and I’ll help you compose an effective response :)
A place to share advice, questions, vent and discuss how to change careers and pivot in to and out of jobs.
A community to ask questions and seek advice on negotiating your salary, compensation, etc.