What does a Team Supervisor/Manager do?
Team managers oversee the activities and productivity of employees on their team. They keep operations flowing by ensuring employees carry out instructions and perform at their best levels. They encourage positive behavior by letting individuals know where they excel by offering precise and constructive criticism on addressing actions that raise concerns or need improvement. As group leaders, they reiterate the principle that the group’s success is key and devote time to help team members excel by boosting productivity and morale through setting goals, contests, encouragement, and demonstrations of their appreciation.
Team managers often speak or act on behalf of their group at company meetings. They look for ways to improve overall by brainstorming new ideas that streamline processes or adjust scheduling to yield better coverage. Team manager strategies often save the company time and money and need a bachelor's degree in management, communications, or related fields.
- Assist with voids, refunds, seat blocking, and line management.
- Maintain a safe and cooperative work site for all team members.
- Assist in training and coaching employees on all policies and procedures.
- Explain process and answer customer questions, as needed.
- Assist with assigning breaks and jobs within an assigned area.
- Receive and prepare orders accurately and in a timely manner.
- Explain and interpret guidelines and policies to the team.
- Ensure monthly systems are in place to achieve collections goals.
- Continuously direct and coach team members.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Inspect equipment and general work area prior to starting any job.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in business, business administration, computer science, engineering or equivalent experience.
- Excellent leadership, problem solving, time management, and critical thinking skills.
- Can collaborate with others with professionalism.
- Strive for continuous improvement.
- Use strong product knowledge and leadership skills in onboarding of new team members.
- Assist team members with their decision making using problem solving skills.
Team Manager Supervisor Salaries
Average Base Pay
Team Supervisor/Manager Career Path
Learn how to become a Team Supervisor/Manager, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Team Supervisor/Manager Insights
“Store manager is amazing and so supportive and really helps you to fill your full potential.”
“minded and passionate people who enjoy travel are what makes this a fun place to work.”
“It's great if your management is great but don't expect to live up to the standards the corporation”
“~every trainer I met was nice but relied on TL's for up to date info on training”
“I love working at feed my starving children it is such a rewarding and eye opening organization to work for”
“Have been in this organisation for almost 5 years and have got numerous opportunities to learn industry”
“I had a great time working with them as they were good to work with.”
“Double or triple weekends is a problem so not a great work life balance in that aspect.”
Team Supervisor/Manager Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Team Supervisor/Manager
- Regional Manager
- Store Manager