What does a Senior Operations Program Manager do?
Operations program managers ensure organizations meet their goals and plan, direct, and coordinate companies and organizations operational activities. They support improved organizational efficiency, specifically in administrative, programmatic, and financial operations, to accelerate the company’s development and long-term success. They accurately manage an ongoing system of collecting organizational metrics and derive insights from the data they’ve collected to recommend organizational improvements.
Operations program managers report on the data they collect to all interested parties and create customized analyses and reports on demand. They work with communications teams to build engaging and effective marketing campaigns and function as the customer service representative as needed. Operations program managers provide assistance with program and event logistics and support a program’s strategic vision and sustainability and need a minimum bachelor’s degree in communication, management, marketing, or related fields.
- Track and manage the costs and performance of the program.
- Coordinate the preparation of operating budgets and manufacturing plans.
- Support review sessions with project teams to discuss cost, schedule and technical performance.
- Collaborate with and guide processes for the design team in delivering best-in-class experiences.
- Provide stakeholders with visibility and updates on key initiatives.
- Define and keep up-to-date documentation of how the design team works.
- Point out connections and reconcile possible collisions between different product offerings, features, and platforms.
- Experience develop scalable process improvements that maximize talent allocation and achieve high-level business objectives.
- Engage in interactive learning activities and discussions with other marketers.
- Build strong partnerships with cross-functional teams to ensure priorities and programs are aligned with short- and long-term business objectives.
- Compile and disseminate meeting notes, key decisions, actions and next steps within 24 hours after each meeting.
- Clarify and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability and communication by facilitating meetings with key stakeholders.
- Send clear and concise project status updates as needed.
- Use continuous improvement methods to identify ways to optimize program effectiveness, efficiency and quality.
- Provide System Engineering management responsibilities for projects engaged in research and/or product development.
- Participate in the development, bid and award, and negotiation of supplier contracts and contract changes.
- Develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in business, electrical engineering, computer science, or engineering.
- A confident, natural leader and problem solver with demonstrated critical thinking and collaboration skills.
- Advanced understanding of business process analysis.
- Strong command of English language and good communication skills.
- Basic understanding of frameworks and segments.
- Strict attention to detail and an eye for continuous improvement.
- Budget planning and prioritization abilities.
Senior Operations Program Manager Salaries
Average Base Pay
Senior Operations Program Manager Career Path
Learn how to become a Senior Operations Program Manager, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Senior Operations Program Manager Insights
“I've found all that AND an amazing group of people to work with who appreciate and embrace each others contributions (including my own) at Ridgeline.”
“Good work life balance”
“Salary quite good”
“Work life balance was still great at the time I left.”
“Good work life balance if you work on a team that shares responsibilities appropriately.”
“There is poor work life balance depending on what team you're on.”
“Increasing scope of work with little incentives or career development for upward trajectory.”
“work life balance.”
Senior Operations Program Manager Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Senior Operations Program Manager
- Program Manager
- Global Program Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Technical Project Manager
The most common qualifications to become a Senior Operations Program Manager is a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.