What does a Programmer Intern do?
IT engineers are responsible for the installment and maintenance of both a company's computer systems and its computing systems. They work as part of the IT team and utilize computers and telecommunications to control, gather, and store information, and are called upon to use their technical knowledge to solve the company’s technological challenges that arise.
IT engineers meet with the company’s IT managers to discuss system needs and help troubleshoot any network and software issues experienced by employees. They are called upon to train the company staff on newly-implemented or installed hardware and software systems and fix the software, hardware, and network issues at the company. They respond to and address IT issues and general IT-related concerns or requests. To ensure the company’s software security remains intact, IT engineers typically run monthly reports to gather security information and provide these reports to the IT manager. IT engineers need a bachelor’s degree in IT engineering or related fields.
- Implement program in all disciplines for the purpose of conforming to district and state curriculum and/or instructional objectives.
- Preparation of literature reviews and other analytical work as requested.
- Participate in the estimation and planning of iterative/agile releases.
- Help to evaluate vendor products to make recommendations for purchase.
- Attend regular customer and team department meetings as scheduled.
- Track project timelines, budgets, and resource needs.
- Consult with other Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts and project managers.
- Supervise, train, and mentor junior level programmers in programming and program coding.
- Troubleshoot, and devise solutions to complex operational problems within the capacity and operation.
- Oversee every aspect of assigned primetime series on network, cable and streaming services.
- Provide feedback to management when timeline or resourcing constraints develop.
- May act as a technical lead on projects as assigned.
- Effectively communicate priorities and work direction to complete assigned tasks on time and within budget.
- Ensure effective handoff to operations team for ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Utilization of significant resources from other work units is routinely required to perform the job functions.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in computer engineering, computer science, engineering or information systems, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Vista and Active Directory programs.
- Fluent in a variety of programming languages, software, and systems.
- Experience with web technologies.
- Prior consulting experience.
- A natural problem solver.
- Experience with scripting.
Programmer Intern Salaries near Canada
Average Base Pay
Programmer Intern Career Path
Learn how to become a Programmer Intern, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Programmer Intern Insights
“related processes are streamlined and there is no pressure for speedy completion of work and no late”
“technical consultant work means clients highly dictate your work experience and likely is 'okay' to "this sucks"”
“Nothing is good about this company.Lots of work for minimum pay is the only pro.”
“I joined as a fresher and learned many innovative ideas which leads my career and profession too good.”
“life balance is intact and my work is core domain related which I always wanted to do.”
“I enjoy working at STAFFVIRTUAL because I can work remotely anywhere and the people are very approachable.”
“Professional Development: The company prioritizes professional development and provides opportunities for skill enhancement and career advancement.”
“The people are amazing who are always ready to guide you and help you grow in your career.”
Programmer Intern Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Programmer Intern
- IT Consultant
- Information Technology Specialist
- Information Technology Manager