What does an Assistant De Production do?
A production assistant works under the supervision of the production manager and as part of the production team. Duties include general administrative and clerical tasks that may be requested by team members to complete projects efficiently and on time. Depending on the company, a production assistant may progress to a managerial position upon completion of further education in a related field.
While a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required, most companies prefer candidates to possess in-depth knowledge and a passion for the industry. Experience in the field is also preferred with the need for good verbal and written communication skills. Other valuable skills include the ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision and the physical ability to stand, walk and move around for long hours at a time.
- Manage digital graphics and metadata for the production team
- Archive and sync datasets and files for optimal performance
- Suggest improvements for all deliveries as identified
- Answer queries and communications through phone or email
- Carry out necessary administrative duties as required
- Perform clerical tasks as requested by the production team
- Make suggestions for improvements on elements within each project
- Takes minutes of meetings for record and reference
- Experience working as a production assistant is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of the industry
- Familiar with general clerical and administrative tasks
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong passion for the industry
- Self-driven and motivated
- Flexible to work long hours and weekends where necessary
- Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Able to stand, walk and move around for long hours at a time
Assistant De Production Salaries
Average Base Pay
Assistant De Production Career Path
Learn how to become an Assistant De Production, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Assistant De Production Insights
“You get to work on some amazing projects all across the country which is really fun and interesting.”
“I had freedom to do my work how i wanted and it was a good during college job”
“It is the best place to start your career and you'll learn a lot from this place”
“Gather exposed me to a lot of great people and I got to work with the best team of creatives”
“It gets super hot on the floor and the pay is not great for what you do.”
“You have the opportunity to work on cool films and the best talent and creatives in the VFX world.”
“Easy to learn; I don't really like talking to customers so this job is good for introvertss like me”
“Not many opportunities to develop your career if you are not interested in the coffee business.”
Assistant De Production Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of an Assistant De Production
When working as an Assistant De Production, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are Excellent Communication, Windows Operating Systems, Shell Scripting, Computer Literate and Trouble Shooting.
- Executive Producer
- Program Manager
- Project Manager
The most common qualifications to become an Assistant De Production is a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.