What does a Packer IV do?
Packers work in warehouse environments and prepare finished products to be packaged and shipped. They’re often assigned specific zones or areas where they retrieve items as needed from inventory stock, check to see that they are in good condition, wrap them securely and safely, and pack them up for shipping. Packers receive invoices that list the necessary items to be placed in the shipments; they retrieve them from inventory and update inventory tallies to reflect items removed.
When a box is ready for shipment, a packer weighs it and ensures the items and shipping information match the invoice. They keep products separated and organized and in good rotation. They monitor products frequently and report problems to mitigate any safety issues. Packers operate various equipment types, including forklifts, wrappers, and dolly loaders, and report any mechanical problems. They follow safety regulations and maintain clean, sanitary, and save work areas, scan and sort outgoing stock, and need a minimum high school diploma, GED, or equivalent and forklift certification within 90 days of starting their job.
- This position involves inspecting, trimming, and packing plastic parts.
- Meet specifics of customer orders in a timely manner.
- Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms and records.
- Use equipment to track, monitor and verify products for distribution.
- Tape boxes and manually transfer product to stacking area.
- Responsible for the operation and adjustment of blow mold machinery and equipment.
- Associate's Degree or higher in computer science.
- Experienced with loading and packing procedures.
- Able to work around moving machines like order pickers, forklifts, and mobile carts.
- Demonstrated manual dexterity and attention to detail.
Stacker/Packer IV Salaries
Average Base Pay
Packer IV Career Path
Learn how to become a Packer IV, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Packer IV Insights
“I am hard working and work well in a team and my time keeping is really good”
“Very long hours great if you have no social life.The owners treat you like an idiot.”
“I started during the pandemic and ended up staying 2 years because the overtime pay was great.”
“Hispanic only job and if you’re not you will be harassed and fired for absolutely nothing.”
“I really enjoyed my time with this company the people are awesome to work for and work with.”
“Super happy and impressed with what I have experienced so far and very excited for my career with Heron Foods.”
“Money is great and you don't have to work more than 4 days a week.”
“It's a good place to work especially during your holidays and wants to make extra money.”
Packer IV Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Packer IV
- Material Handler
- Forklift Operator
- Warehouse Worker