What does a Media Coordinator Manager do?
Media coordinators are responsible for a broad range of duties related to the planning, execution, and deployment of media campaigns. They may be involved in the content development phase, and in areas such as writing and producing, but their primary functions tend to be in the actual logistics of arranging for the campaign to be deployed. They work with media buyers and sales representatives to coordinate the buying of airtime, create and process media buy orders and other documents, monitor live campaigns, and evaluate metrics to determine campaign performance.
Media coordinators typically have at least an associate degree, although some employers seek a bachelor’s degree or additional training. They must be extremely detail oriented, with excellent project management skills, and must be proficient using common office software programs such as Excel.
- Design media test plans, track performance, and evaluate results.
- Take leading role in briefing the agency on campaign media strategies.
- Lead and direct an internal team along with external agency partners.
- Coordinate forecasts and budgeting with other members of the paid team.
- Manage risks and external dependencies for each phase of delivery.
- Responsible for overseeing client pacing and performance across digital media portfolio.
- Consistently drive fully integrated marketing programs that deliver on revenue goals
- Maintain day to day management of network media throughout its life cycle.
- Analyze and report on campaign KPIs to key stakeholders.
- Provide project management support to ensure deadlines are met.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or computer science.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong time management and critical thinking skills.
- Experienced with Google Analytics and Ads Manager.
- Ambition and drive to produce great results for clients.
- Able to multitask and manage numerous tasks simultaneously.
Media Coordinator Manager Salaries
Average Base Pay
Media Coordinator Manager Career Path
Learn how to become a Media Coordinator Manager, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Media Coordinator Manager Insights
“This is an amazing place to work and the owners Jason Naumann and Joshua Swanson are awesome.”
“There was great work life balance and loved every project I got to work on.”
“down the best experience in my professional career and highly recommend Biote to anyone considering an opportunity to join.”
“Atlanta pay is usually lower than national averages but it’s expensive to live here.”
“Teams are amazing and great to work with”
“It was a pretty pleasant place to work and was what I needed during my transition phase”
“Yearly review; this was a bit of a joke as it was the last 2 weeks to maybe a month of my performance.”
“From the best tools needed to perform your daily tasks to the ability to make life easier by having a great work life balance.”
Media Coordinator Manager Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Media Coordinator Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Media Analyst
- Digital Marketing