What does a Logistics Management Specialist do?
Logistics associates assist in the management of an organization's logistics systems. They coordinate the shipment and distribution of goods, inspect goods and materials, track shipments, manage inventory, and communicate with customers and third-party service providers. They inspect incoming and outgoing shipments, verify their rates, receive incoming shipments, and prepare outgoing shipments.
Logistics associates monitor and manage inventory levels and develop and communicate shipment schedules. They work with vendors and carrier services to coordinate proper logistics and timelines and help customers resolve shipment issues and complaints when they arise. They repair and maintain shipment paperwork, records, and digital databases and perform additional administrative, clerical, or managerial duties as requested. Logistics associates need a high school diploma or GED with at least three years of experience in logistics management or a related role.
- Dispense supplies, instruments, disposable materials, and equipment.
- Responsible for the development, talent planning and performance management of associates.
- Review and monitor all rejections, requests for information and other correspondence.
- Index and create tracking files to initiate clearance process, once documents are received.
- Assist with development of the revenue cycle training programs and new hire orientation.
- Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules.
- Ability to act as a change agent, providing direction to others and gaining their support.
- Provide oversight and guidance to less senior logistics personnel.
- Ensure accurate and timely receipt of materials within the facility.
- Analyze and develop logistics plans that enhance product workflow.
- Develop, implement, and continuously enhance ocean import/export operational procedures.
- Handle refrigerated, overnight and other rush shipments 5 appropriately and expeditiously.
- Interact daily with internal and external customers to deliver exceptional customer service to meet and exceed customer expectations and provide on-time and quality delivery of freight.
- Develop relevant internal and external metrics to measure performance.
- Oversee expansion of existing markets and spearhead rollout into new markets.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in business, business administration, computer sciences or engineering, or equivalent experience.
- A confident, natural leader and problem solver with demonstrated critical thinking and collaboration skills.
- Strong command of English language and good communication skills.
- Comfortable with Enterprise Resource Planning programs and tools.
- Ability to manage scheduling and planning processes.
Logistics Management Specialist Salaries
Average Base Pay
Logistics Management Specialist Career Path
Learn how to become a Logistics Management Specialist, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Logistics Management Specialist Insights
“Great way to learn a trade and responsibility for a job outside of the military.”
“I see this as a step to bigger and better things to work here and it was a great opportunity.”
“Highly recommend working here as well as the multiple bonuses we receive each year is very nice.”
“Management was well aware of these issues but seemed unable to do anything to solve them.”
“The benefit of having access to great collections of wine was a great pro to working here.”
“Overall i would really like to recommend all the job seekers to join this organisation.”
“There are ample opportunities to work in a job position that fits personal skill set.”
“It's a great place to work and it's one of the best company cultures I've ever been a part of.”
Logistics Management Specialist Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Logistics Management Specialist
- Logistics Manager
- Transportation Manager
- Distribution Manager
- Operations Manager