What does an Inside Sales Representative do?
As an Inside Sales Representative you will work with customers to ensure a smooth sales process. You will demonstrate excellent customer services and professionalism during in store and follow up with customers. You will develop leads and seek opportunities to present additional products to current customers.
You could be the ideal candidate if you have a GED or H.S. diploma with 3 years of experience in commission sales. You must possess excellent customer service skills and have marketing and sales acumen to develop leads and explain the products addressing questions and concerns in order to make sales. You need to have the ability to stand for long periods of time and work with the sales teams in support of team goals. A background check is required before an offer can be extended.
- Responsible for product knowledge to answer customer questions
- Greet customers and create rapport
- Responsible closing deals and processing payments
- Responsible for customer follow-up
- Developing leads and referrals
- Create personal marketing plan
- Achieve monthly sales quotas
- Use excellent oral communication and best practices in customer service when interacting with customers
- 3+ years of experience in commission sales
- Background check, required
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Must be knowledgeable on store products
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Willingness to work varied shifts that change weekly
- Ability to establish rapport and closing sales
Inside Sales Representative Salaries
Average Base Pay
Inside Sales Representative Career Path
Learn how to become an Inside Sales Representative, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Inside Sales Representative Insights
“The people who work in the shop are really nice and good to work with.”
“Long hours and stressful but worth it if you know your worth and ask for it.”
“Management is great and knowledgeable and really help you be the best you and grow in your role.”
“Two week trip to San Francisco for new hire onboarding is amazing and EoY trip to Vegas.”
“I love VMware because they give me a great work flexibility in our understanding of my personal and professional life”
“I feel lucky to have such a great team and be managed by some of the best!”
“My manager is heavily invested in my future and I have never felt so supported in my career ever”
“Great team work and I get to spend most my time selling and not on other distractions.”
Inside Sales Representative Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of an Inside Sales Representative
When working as an Inside Sales Representative, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are Time Management, Pipeline, CRM, Interpersonal and Communication and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Sales Representative
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager
- Account Executive
The most common qualifications to become an Inside Sales Representative is a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.