What does an Information Technology Specialist do?
As an IT Specialist you will work in positions using computer-based information systems. You will work with both network and software applications and computer hardware. You will design, operate and maintain technology products. You may work with any business, agency or organization that uses technology.
An ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering with any IT certification and a minimum of 3 years in a similar role. You must be proficient in several programming languages and be experienced in writing code. You will have an expert level proficiency in MS Office Applications, including Project. You will have a previous technical support role and be familiar with a range of software and hardware. You will have a willingness to travel to client sites to complete the work required.
- Meet with prospective clients to determine requirements
- Engage with clients to define the scope of the project
- Plan timeline and resources needed for project
- Travel to client sites
- Responsible for network management, software development and database administration
- Define software, hardware and network requirements
- Identify and resolve project issues
- Prepare project status reports
- Any IT certification, required
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Proficient in several programming languages
- Experienced writing code
- Expert level in Microsoft Office Applications, including Project
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiar with a range of software and hardware
- Previous technical support role
- Willing to travel to client sites