What does an Industrial Engineer do?
As an Industrial Engineer you will find efficient ways to use workers, machines and materials to maximize business profits. You will develop management control systems to make financial planning more efficient. You will meet with clients about product specifications and negotiate with vendors and review the status of projects.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in engineering with a minimum of 3 years of experience and a PE designation. You will have experience working on multidisciplinary teams and be skilled in negotiation tactics as well as creative problem solving. You need to have excellent written and oral communication skills and be adept at critical thinking with complex issues. You will also be willing to travel up to 25%.
- Review engineering specifications
- Develop management controls systems
- Institute quality control procedures to resolve quality control procedures
- Design control systems to design control systems and coordinate activities and production planning
- Responsible for vendor management to negotiate
- Discuss product specifications with clients
- Determine how to deliver services with maximum efficiency
- Lead research to determine the most profitable places to locate manufacturing or processing plants
- Master's degree in engineering, preferred
- 3+ years of experience in management
- PE designation, preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Experience working on multidisciplinary teams
- Skilled at negotiation tactics
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Adept critical thinking skills for complex issues
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time