What does a Geologist do?
As a Geologist you will lead projects involving local and regional environmental studies and remediation efforts. You may work individually or as part of a multidisciplinary team. You will work in a lab environment as in the field in all types of terrain and weather conditions.
The ideal candidate will have a master's degree in geology or a related field and hold a license as required by the state. You need a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role and proficiency in using statistics in technical writing with hands-on experience in conducting environment studies are invited to apply. You must be willing to travel up to 60% of the time and have excellent presentation skills.
- Conduct environmental studies and prepare environmental reports
- Provide presentations of findings to audiences from diverse backgrounds
- Use a computer and other tools to capture geological findings
- Use statistical software packages to analyze data
- Travel to local, regional, national and international locations to conduct research
- Plan and supervise field studies
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment, per protocols
- Take safety training courses
- Master's degree in geology or a related field, preferred
- License as required by the state
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in conducting environmental assessments
- Proficiency in statistics
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficiency with a computer and other tools
- Ability to work well with a multidisciplinary team
- Must be willing to travel up to 60% of the time