What does a Food Service Worker do?
A food service worker is responsible for everything that goes into the preparation of a meal. They are responsible for ensuring that every single meal is of the highest quality. A few of the main duties of a food service worker are cleaning the stove top for cooks, adhering to food safety regulations, helping cooks prepare meals, and creating simple dishes such as salad. They also have to help keep the kitchen orderly and clean. Some of the jobs titles that a food service worker could grow into are restaurant manager and cook.
A food service worker does not need any experience but a high school diploma or GED equivalent is preferred. One of the most important skills that a food service worker will have is attention to detail. Another skill is organization as the food service worker will have to be able to help the kitchen run effectively.
- Clean the stove top as needed
- Help the cooks with food preparation
- Create simple food items such as salad
- Help out in the kitchen as needed
- Deliver food orders to customers
- Keep the kitchen clean and orderly
- Answer any customer questions
- Follow food safety regulations at all times
- High School Diploma preferred
- Ability to listen to directions
- Amazing work ethic
- Ability to learn new skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of food safety
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Ability to learn and read directions
- Ability to stand for 8 hours a day