What does an Entry Level Student do?
Students are enrolled in schools or other educational institutions and attend classes or courses to attain the appropriate level of subject mastery and formal recognition, including a certificate or degree. They work under the guidance of an instructor and devote their time outside of class to do the necessary activities the instructor assigns, including homework or labs, either for class preparation or to submit evidence of progress towards that mastery.
Students apply themselves to intensive intellectual engagement with the necessary matters to master them. They follow along with a course syllabus and lesson plan and perform and submit necessary and relevant coursework and assignments. They attend classes and lectures, taking copious notes to use in their studies, and procure and absorb materials from recommended handouts, textbooks, or in-class presentations. Students need dedication and commitment to their course of study and to remain in close communication with their instructors and advisors.
- Report observations and incidents relating to specific students.
- Utilize data to inform instruction, group students, and target skills and strategies for instruction.
- Administer classroom assignments for the purpose of supporting teachers in the instructional process.
- Problem-solving is required to identify issues and create action plans.
- Maintain knowledge of best practices by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, perform benchmarking, maintain, networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
- Engage in case management tasks, outreach services and mentoring.
- Complete tasks efficiently and in a timely manner, reporting progress to managers.
- May fill-in for other support staff when necessary.
- Create tools and forms to assist in the daily financial operation of departments.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Strong command of English language and good communication skills.
- Strict attention to detail and an eye for continuous improvement.
- Able to multitask and manage multiple important tasks simultaneously.
- Strong problem solving and decision making abilities.
Accountant (Entry-level, CPA Student) Salaries
Average Base Pay
Entry Level Student Career Path
Learn how to become an Entry Level Student, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Entry Level Student Insights
“People that we work with are amazing and also our coworkers are great to work with.”
“Really enjoyed working with a great group of people and was inspired on a daily basis by the students.”
“It was my first job and overall it was very educational and helped me start a good career path.”
“I recommend it to anyone who wants to learn from professionals and meet great and helpful people.”
“You get to choose your hours to work and it’s $15 an hour which is great for a student”
“I was paid pretty well and have heard that in general pay is pretty good for both part and full”
“I am a student worker at Aviands and it is good to work as a part time”
“Everyone is so nice and you get to build a really good network with the professors”
Entry Level Student Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of an Entry Level Student
- Client Services Representative
- Research Assistant
- Teaching Assistant