What does a Digital Marketing do?
Digital marketing managers are responsible for the overall digital marketing strategy of a company. They run the day-to-day management of projects and ensure that they are completed successfully. Digital marketing managers manage social media campaigns, content calendars, maintain the company's content, among many other tasks. They also will measure the effectiveness of various marketing campaigns.
Digital marketing managers should have at least 5 years of experience in a similar marketing role. They should also have a bachelor's degree in marketing or business. Certifications in Google Adwords and other social media certifications are preferred but not required. Digital marketing managers should be experts in all things that involve the digital presence of a company from social media to e-commerce. They must have the ability to juggle multiple projects and stay on top of all of them. Digital marketing managers should also have photo and video editing skills in order to edit content.
- Manage the content that the business posts to social media
- Develop strategies that drive customers to the website
- Improve the design, UX, traffic, and content of the website
- Create paid campaigns on social media platforms
- Maintain consistent brand messaging throughout all platforms
- Create email blast campaigns to target key customers
- Use advanced metrics to measure the success of a marketing campaign
- Keep up to date on the latest social media trends
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or business
- Great problem solving skills
- Proficient in photo and video editing software such as Adobe
- Deep knowledge of web design principles
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to identify long term trends in data
- Great communication skills
- Experience working with a content management system
- Strong project management skills