What does a Data Warehouse Architect do?
Data warehouse architects are responsible for designing data warehouse solutions and working with conventional data warehouse technologies to devise plans that support a business or organization. They take client needs or employer goals and work to develop a specific architecture or plan that will be maintained and serve the stated purpose. They maintain systems for keeping raw data, metadata, and other data assets.
Data warehouse architects perform tasks within a greater infrastructure that support activities like data mining that supports activities like data mining that can add value. They consider factors including a project’s ROI and financial metrics to determine best practices and deliver solutions the drive profit and keep data versatile. They collaborate with system designers and provide support to end-users. Data warehouse architects need a bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology.
- Develop and perform unit, system, performance and regression testing on ETL mappings.
- Provide technical and business knowledge support to the team.
- Develop white papers, blogs, reference implementations, labs, and presentations to evangelize design patterns and best practices.
- Support and improve production data integration system and environment.
- Understand user requirements, and implement solutions that ensure requirements can be achieved through high quality deliverables.
- Seek continuous improvement in performance and tuning of data warehouse and ensure security of data.
- Work with stakeholders, product owners, data architect team and data engineers to ensure optimal data ingestion and integration architecture is consistent across Dev and Operation teams.
- Set technical guideline, standards and best practices to effectively leverage the functionalities of ETL tool and database engine.
- Determine technical approaches to ensure all architectural solutions result in a coherent systems design.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or computer science.
- Comfortable working in a cloud-based environment.
- Well-versed in ETL mapping and related processes.
- Ability to work independently.
- Fluent with Python, SQL, and other programming languages.
Data Warehouse Architect Salaries near Canada
Average Base Pay
Data Warehouse Architect Career Path
Learn how to become a Data Warehouse Architect, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Data Warehouse Architect Insights
“good company to work and should focus on getting more projects involving latest digital technologies.”
“I dont see any cons may be salary can be better but dont matter for the learning you get”
“good company to work and learn new technologies in advancing ones career”
“Job had good work life balance”
“Good team to work with”
“Great team to work with”
“Good work life balance in NL”
“Great Company to work Good Work Environmnet”
Data Warehouse Architect Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Data Warehouse Architect
- Oracle Database Administrator
- Database Engineer
- Database Administrator
- Database Architect