What does a Client Relationship Manager do?
Client relationship managers are responsible for building and maintaining good relationships with clients through listening to their complaints or concerns and resolving them. They must be friendly and customer service oriented to foster positive client relationships despite the high-stress circumstances when dealing with dissatisfaction. They handle complaints and ensure they are directed to appropriate departments to resolve them and implement change. They collect client feedback about their experience and develop relationships with clients and key personnel who can help resolve their issues.
Client relationship managers elevate complaints and feedback to relevant departments, meet with clients to resolve issues and establish their needs going forward. They help sales teams upsell or cross-sell services and products and ensure both the company and clients adhere to contracts. They also study competition to find new ways to retain customers. Client relationship managers need a bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, or related fields and a customer service background.
- Responsible for originating and closing consumer loans, opening accounts, and opening and/or closing the branch.
- Build relationships with customers by meeting face to face and engaging them when and where they need to provide the best possible counsel.
- Perform appropriate follow up to ensure future client satisfaction.
- Contribute to the development of client service systems, policies and procedures.
- Develop relationships with clients to best facilitate the management and implementation of the company's product offering.
- Develop client progress reports, draft debriefs and kick-off decks.
- Coordinate and monitor tasks to ensure issues are resolved timely and accurately.
- Resolve member problems independently and escalates more complex concerns.
- Perform routine account maintenance and changes to names, addresses, telephone numbers, and issuing or reordering debit, credit or replacement ATM cards.
- Navigate complex issues, both technical and non-technical, and use sound judgment and data to make decisions that are best for clients
- Execute meetings to acquire new business, solicit additional business, and drive client satisfaction.
- Execute on day to day administrative tasks such as scheduling requested sessions, supporting implications of large scale deliveries, and general operations.
- Proactively monitor clients' success and adoption and continuously seek new insights into their evolving goals, challenges, and pain points.
- Provide deep product expertise and serve as the subject matter expert for platform use and support.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in business, engineering, computer science or information systems or equivalent experience.
- Fluent in enterprise resource planning and business process analysis.
- Prior consulting experience.
- A critical thinker and problem solver with attention to detail and adaptability.
- Skilled at collaboration and able to lead when necessary.
- Is comfortable working in drawing and framework exercises.
- Willing to strengthen client relationships and assist with decision making.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills.
- Comfortable making decisions that strengthen and renew relationships and the client pipeline.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills and willingness to lead.
Client Relationship Manager Salaries near Canada
Average Base Pay
Client Relationship Manager Career Path
Learn how to become a Client Relationship Manager, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Client Relationship Manager Insights
“Very little to no training period and then Accounts are thrown your way and it's then "your problem".”
“This is a company which is growing and which offers superb opportunities to grow and develop a career.”
“This job gives you the opportunity to join a great company and build a career.”
“Ascent is a place where you can build a great career and set yourself up to live a comfortable life.”
“My role is remote and autonomous and Bolinda provide me with the tools I need to make the best decisions for my territory.”
“The pay was WELL BELOW the going rate and it was a hostile envirnoment and I wish I never applied.”
“Competitive salary doesn't mean its anywhere near the best in the market for the same role”
“Great opportunities to work with some of the largest Consumer Electronic brands around the world.”
Client Relationship Manager Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Client Relationship Manager
- Customer Relationship Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Sales Representative
- Regional Sales Manager