What does a Principal Senior Statistical Analyst do?
Statistical analysts select, organize, assess, and present data relevant to their employer and use their analysis to help decision-makers with business strategy and make personnel decisions. When processing and collecting data, they set parameters for what is needed and the method of data collection, and the target number of participants. They sometimes manage lower-level employees who assist with data collection. When data is organized and cleaned, statistical analysts use software to perform the analysis process where they learn and make sense of the data.
Statistical analysts present their findings to decision-makers and stakeholders to explain the significance of the results in layman's terms, which involves creating statistical reports and data visualizations used during presentations to the decision-makers and stakeholders. Statistical analysts turn to mathematics and probability to understand the trends and patterns of a study and use numbers and probability to predict how to do things more efficiently. Statistical analysts need a bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, or related fields.
- Reports and other business/operational processes as required for position.
- Contribute to the creation, maintenance, and validation of programming tools and macros.
- Coach and advise junior programmers to identify problems and solutions.
- Support other departments, such as billing, when volume or needs dictate.
- Provide technical planning to include overseeing the set-up of key macros and SAS programs.
- Collaborate with other team members to develop quality reports, publications and regulatory submissions.
- Provide input into assessments of resource requirements on regular basis.
- Contribute to the development of standard operating procedures for statistical programming.
- Supervise and manage CROs to ensure quality performance and meeting of timelines.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Ensure consistency and adherence to standards within the project.
- Program data cleaning checks, as necessary, to assist Data Management's data cleaning activities.
- Review requests, resources, and long-range plans for data analysis and database services.
- Lead and oversee customers trial activities including oversight of other teams' deliverables.
- Maintain and manage a project plan including resource forecasting.
- Research new technologies and techniques to improve efficiency of programming outputs.
- Participate in statistical program validation and QC activities.
- Identify leads and support opportunities to enhance processes and technology.
- Communicate with manager regarding promotions, performance concerns, and retention risks.
- Generate tables, listings, and figures per protocol, statistical analysis plan, and/or approved client request.
- Responsible for implementing and maintain, the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Develop new processes and ensure all process improvements are implemented.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in business, electrical engineering, bio technology, mathematics or computer science, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with SQL, R Language, SAS, Python, UNIX, Linux, and SQL SAS software and systems.
- Comfortable working with statistics and datasets.
- Able to collaborate with others to create information for report writing and dissemination.
- Familiar with debugging, spreadsheets and nonmem protocols.
Principal Statistical Programmer Salaries
Average Base Pay
Principal Senior Statistical Analyst Career Path
Learn how to become a Principal Senior Statistical Analyst, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Principal Senior Statistical Analyst Insights
“The schedule was flexible and I would have stayed longer if I wasn't moving.”
“This was an amazing opportunity for me as I was in school at the time.”
“Good med and dental benefit”
“Communication was virtual and difficult.”
“i was working in SPA team and i never had a better team to work with.”
“Interesting job and met interesting people and got to make our own route and hours.”
“Pay rates are very competitive and I am really enjoying my 6th year here”
“The job is temporary but good pay”
Principal Senior Statistical Analyst Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Principal Senior Statistical Analyst
When working as a Principal Senior Statistical Analyst, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are BSC, Team Leadership, SAS, Team Work and CRF.
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Analytics Consultant
- SAS Developer