Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
NJVC, LLC 15 reviews– Washington, DC
NJVC, LLC - 30+ days ago
With a focus on information technology automation, NJVC® specializes in supporting highly secure, complex IT enterprises in business-critical environments. We offer a wide breadth of IT solutions to our customers, ranging from strategic consulting to flexible managed services in five business areas: Cloud Services, Cyber Security, Data Center Services, IT Services and Print Solutions. Our global workforce includes dedicated and talented employees, with 94 percent holding security clearances, located at more than 160 customer sites. We partner with our customers to support their missions.
The Systems Administrator Specialist serves as a CTAAC FSR providing support for the review and impacts to all Full Motion Video (FMV) systems within the Customer's infrastructure. FSR responsibilities include providing 24/7 on-site systems administration, maintenance, and customer support to our customers standard Windows based Multi-INT Analysis and Archive System (MAAS) production servers and workstations, along with all other systems related to the FMV mission.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
CTAAC FSRs establish new user accounts, assign privileges, maintain system security, troubleshoots system and software problems; establish and update procedures and documentation and perform daily system monitoring and maintenance, data backup and restoration, data processing utilities, shell scripting, batch processing, security log audits, investigate, analyze, correct and test software related issues; update software procedures to validate the software requirements specs; application problem resolution; and provide software related support to customer; develop, compile, test and deploy custom scripting to user specifications for problem resolution; assist in hardware/software integration; investigate vendor vulnerability updates and patches and create/modify scripting to assure system configuration compatibilities; monitors system daily for proper operation, performs routine system preventative and restorative maintenance. Maintains all hardware and software contained with the baseline systems and assists with the integration of new or modified systems into existing architectures. Customer service support and user interaction is a key component to successful troubleshooting within the CTAAC environment. Contribute a wide range of technical expertise in a team environment.
Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows XP and Windows Server 2003, with extensive demonstrated troubleshooting experience and ability across windows based hardware and software components both individually and in a team environment is essential to success. A comprehensive knowledge of and experience with SQL databases, TCP/IP, DNS, firewalls, Local and Wide Area Networks, Storage Area Networks, scripting, cabling, and Networking Fundamentals is essential.
· Mentor less experienced team members
· Ability to multitask while managing various tasks, locations, deadlines and crisis situations, both independently and as part of a team dynamic
· Effectively communicate detailed technical information to various levels of IT/IS and customer management
· Provide technical monitoring and alerting of airborne compute assets
· Work with technicians and engineering groups to troubleshoot and resolve issues
· Support external interface troubleshooting
· Develop workarounds to user issues
· In-depth troubleshooting and timely support through visual inspection and user interaction
· Perform system backups and recovery
· Maintain data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity
· Provide integration support to transition projects
· Coordinate with third party maintenance providers
· Coordinate operational support activities
· Communicate by phone and in person with customers and various support entities
JOB REQUIREMENTS Other Certifications and Job Qualifications:
CTAAC FSRs must have a broad range of hardware and software experience and knowledge to successfully support Government customers airborne operations. The CTAAC configuration includes a video rack and multiple Creston control panels to manage the video feeds being displayed to users monitors and/or multiple exploitation cells throughout the analysis center. On a daily basis the CTAAC FSRs support and/or assist with maintenance and troubleshoot issues related to MA