Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
Oshkosh Corporation 36 reviews– Dodge Center, MN
Oshkosh Corporation - 30+ days ago
The Commercial segment is a leading manufacturer of refuse collection vehicles, front and rear discharge concrete mixers, portable and stationary concrete batch plants, field service vehicles, and truck mounted cranes. All backed by 24/7 support, our segments brands consist of McNeilus, CON-E-CO, London Machinery, and IMT. Oshkosh Commercial leads it's industries in both innovation & quality.
Oshkosh Commercial is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Provide analytical support to new product design, component selection and/or generate complete vehicle or component layouts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support supervisor, suppliers, engineering specialists and other departments to execute job assignments consisting of meeting specifications and performing calculations, analysis, and material and component selection.
2. Responsible for quality conscious design including cost, weight, reliability and ease of manufacturing.
3. Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, or production build.
4. Utilize various state-of-the-art-engineering tools, i.e., a personal computer (PC) or (CAD) equipment, in assigned projects as applicable.
5. Use reasonable foresight to identify vehicle operation and maintenance risks and control them within acceptable levels.
6. Direct support of suppliers and test programs to include travel to off-site locations as necessary to accomplish assigned engineering programs.
7. Provide production support on specific truck programs.
8. Participate in cost studies, project time estimation, and technical proposals.
9. Process engineering information through change notices, change proposals, Continuous Improvement Requests (CIR), etc.
· Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Internship experience or 6-plus months related work experience
· Exposure to 3-D CAD systems
· Exposure to heavy mobile vehicle industry
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all employees and applicants. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation is also a federal contractor which takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam era. Any employee or applicant for employment who is qualified under the applicable regulations will be covered under our affirmative action program by providing this information to the Company. Submission of this information is voluntary, will be kept confidential, and is not a requirement for employment.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.