Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 249,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
extendhealth – San Mateo, CA
extendhealth - 30+ days ago
Title: WEB MASTER/DEVELOPER
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Location: San Mateo, CA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Direct Reports: N/A
Extend Health provides health benefits management services, including operating the nations largest private Medicare exchange, that redefine how employers offer and deliver retiree health benefits. A technology leader in the health insurance industry, since 2004 Extend Health has helped more than 150 private and public sector employers transition their Medicare-eligible retirees from defined benefit group health plans to defined contribution individual health plans. The company has helped hundreds of thousands of retirees choose private Medicare health plans using Extend Health exchange, which offers side-by-side comparisons from among thousands of plans from more than 75 national and regional carriers who compete on price, coverage and quality. For more information, visit Extend Health on the web at http://www.extendhealth.com.
• Responsible for the development and enhancement of the companys web assets and existing web enabled applications, including systems analysis, design, development, implementation and maintenance
• Proactively designing and implementing web improvements to enhance EH image and increase communications to its employees, customers, investors and general public.
• Maximize the webs potential to support product announcements, marketing initiatives, strategic alliances, web seminars, lead generation and more.
• Responsible for planning web site strategy, and will actively consult cross functionally with Marketing, Sales, Development and Operations.
• Proven record of successful program management, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Solid understanding of system architecture and system design (HTML, DHTML, CSS, JSP, JS, Server Related Issues, Database Management, Flash, dynamic form creation, etc) and SMS tools
• Experience with Graphic Design, Compression and Image Optimization (Adobe Photoshop, ImageReady, etc.) as well as creation of graphic templates are required.
• Proven ability to analyze web traffic patterns, usage and abandon rates using web tools and application monitoring products is a must
• 5+ years project management experience in internet or related field
• 3+ years developing web enabled applications
• Project management skills/experience
• Strong customer service orientation and positive attitude
Physical Demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing duties of the job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, controls, keyboards; work on desktop or laptop computers; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift up to 15 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability adjust focus.
• Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to low.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. In accordance with applicable law, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, veteran status, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws. All such discrimination is unlawful.
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, develop and promote the best people available, based solely upon job-related qualifications.