eBay Enterprise

Updated 16 December, 2014
2.8

eBay Enterprise President Craig Hayman
Craig Hayman

Pros
  • Excellent work environment - It is a pleasure to be in the office, even though I can work from home (in 13 reviews)

• Bagels on Wednesdays, Chips on Fridays (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Working from home should be consider to create better work/life balance (in 24 reviews)

• no career path , no work life balance , bad senior management, instead of fixing the source of the problems they fall trying, by adding a new process (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Excited & great things ahead...

I have been working at eBay Enterprise

Pros

- Part of the eBay family but has a fun 'startup' feel
    - Lot's of opportunity as there has been org changes over the past year
    - Hitting the market with a cutting edge platform early 2015...

Cons

- Still some growing pains / adjustments to org structure, but the team is working on it

- Keep pushing the new platform and leverage it to bring in new business in 2015
    - Listen to your A players, take care of them and have them knowledge share with some of the new folks to keep operations moving

Great company

Current Employee - IT/IS in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - IT/IS in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of oppurtunity for good employees

Cons

Lots of work for all employees

Keep it up

This is a decent company to work for. Benefits are ok and the option to work from home is very helpful.

I have been working at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best thing about working for this company is being able to work from home. It really helps make save on gas money.

Cons

The clients that we provide services for don't always make it easy for the reps to do their jobs. The hourly compensation does not adequately reflect what people have to deal with.

Please increase the hourly wage to be competitive with comparable. Compensate people based on experience and consider bonuses for people who excel.

Nice coworkers

Current Employee - Picker in Richwood, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Picker in Richwood, KY (US)

I have been working at eBay Enterprise

Pros

Nice people. Always follow break schedule. Supervisors listen and address issues. Team effort. If you work hard you will get noticed.

Cons

Low pay. Sometimes feel like a criminal having to go through security. Will hire anyone during peak season. Sevreal fights and employees steaLing from employeeswaking stuff out of others coat pockets and lockers

None

Good company for people who like to fork for well established enterprise

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Kiev (Ukraine)
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Kiev (Ukraine)

I have been working at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Good salary
    - descent work/life balance
    - good people
    - awesome benefits
    - career grows is real possibility
    Of course all of the above depends on department/location

Cons

- In such a huge company bard of directors is as far as from Earth to Sun. Sometimes you just don't understand some decisions.
    - 1 manager change per month (avg)
    - More managers than people doing work

Replace 10 layers of managers with people doing real work

Analyst

I have been working at eBay Enterprise full-time

Pros

Great benefits. Rewarded if you work

Cons

Work life balance. Hiring from outside.

Get moving. T

Bleak Environment and Career Outlook for Top-Level company

Former Employee - Marketing Director
    Former Employee - Marketing Director

I worked at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working for eBay was an inspiring experience, and there are some great people working here.I got to work on some great brands. eBay Enterprise does have a promising future, if they can capitalize on their many technological advantages

Cons

However, it also has a deplorable leadership team, who has no interest in leading, only sustaining the bureaucracy and keeping the West Coast off their necks. I have rarely seen less professional leaders who are near non-existent to the rank-and-file employees. The virtual HR system is terrible to deal with, and if a staff member has an issue, and I have never seen them side with anyone but management, even in the face of allegations against said leaders.

The buildings housing the marketing teams are anything but inspiring, equipment is dated, and the despite the "Shared Values" mantra, the leaders do not impart a single one of those values to their teams. The culture is "make it work"

Close outlying campuses, restructure new biz goals, update work environment, and clean house on most leaders who have been there over two years. They don't believe in eBay's values, and long for a return to the True Action way of doing business. It was demoralizing watching us bring in

Disappointing place - reviews are on point

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA (US)

I worked at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was great, worked with great people. some ability to work remotely. great name to have on resume

Cons

Very disorganized with lack of communication between disciplines. The offices are bland and not inspiring. Employees want to work on the new technology, but everything is 5 years in the past. high turn over rate, promotions are rare and career path are hard define.

Senior management needs an overhaul. Their egos get in the way and often unprofessional and cannot make up their mind on direction, communication between teams and the company needs to be more encouraged. Focus on the employee satisfaction and office culture.

Terrible environment, wrongful firings and mistreatment of the worker.

Former Employee - N/A in Louisville, KY (US)
    Former Employee - N/A in Louisville, KY (US)

I worked at eBay Enterprise as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

-Well kept
    -Up to date
    -Great use of technology

Cons

-Mistreatment of workers
    -Corruption
    -Negative environment
    -Rudeness
    -Dangerous at times

I may have the location mixed up, I never used this site prior to this.

I was honestly a bit disgusted by the work environment and co-workers here. They will hire anyone, from pedophiles to 18 year old girls. To ex-cons and an ex-cop that urinated on a 15 year old girl. There is no concern for the worker, but for their safety and they are treated as tools. I would not recommend this job to anyone, and if there was any legal way I would be sure to sue them for the mistreatment. Sadly it is all within their legal rights. They constantly hire and fire workers, for little to no reason at all. Either a personality conflict or a missed day, I understand the legal guidelines and we are speaking beyond this as human beings not as if we are computers. I was really wanting a further opportunity there, but will refuse to show any support and will be sure to even boycott ebay and anyone supporting of it. This is your lose, and not mine I will be sure to take my expertise else where. Somewhere where the worker is seen as a human being and not a tool. Temp workers are people, I understand a lot of them are not the brightest but some are looking to gain money to further their education and improve the business. Andre (Not with Addeco, but a support lead) will openly discriminate based upon race, and fire anyone not of his skin color. It is not taking a rocket scientist to figure this out. I've studied psychology for many years, and it is very obvious. I mean no harm to the business, but I am giving advice to help improve this. If you want good workers, you do not get them in mass numbers and fire the weak as if it was a race to the egg. You take your dedicated and ones who enjoy their job, and you treat them as fellow country men to help them out not discriminate to them based upon class. Also, a lot of drug dealing takes place in the building. I don't report individuals, but it does go on for sure and very openly. Sadly someone has to speak up.

Case study in corporate dysfunction

Current Employee - Director, Operations
    Current Employee - Director, Operations

I have been working at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Autonomy. Other than that, it's hard to say anything good about this part of eBay. There are zero A players in senior management. They have all left or were forced to leave.

Cons

Lack of understanding of the market, their part in it, how to create value from a strong but aging tool set makes this company totally dysfunctional. The finance group makes budgets based on promises made to San Jose, with no input or consideration on the path to achieve them. Senior leadership is a huge void. A software company that only executes on one requirement- code freeze. Zero support from senior management, they are only concerned with CYA and hiding from responsibility. They constantly talk employee engagement, while having virtual HR and the lowest pay in the industry.

Leave. Close your PA headquarters and fold into San Jose. Hasten your mission to be part of the long list of failed eBay ventures.

eBay Enterprise Photos