eBay Enterprise

Updated 24 November, 2014
2.6

eBay Enterprise President Craig Hayman
Craig Hayman

Pros
  • Excellent work environment - It is a pleasure to be in the office, even though I can work from home (in 13 reviews)

• Bagels on Wednesdays, Chips on Fridays (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Working from home should be consider to create better work/life balance (in 23 reviews)

• no career path , no work life balance , bad senior management, instead of fixing the source of the problems they fall trying, by adding a new process (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Disappointing place - reviews are on point

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA (US)

I worked at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was great, worked with great people. some ability to work remotely. great name to have on resume

Cons

Very disorganized with lack of communication between disciplines. The offices are bland and not inspiring. Employees want to work on the new technology, but everything is 5 years in the past. high turn over rate, promotions are rare and career path are hard define.

Senior management needs an overhaul. Their egos get in the way and often unprofessional and cannot make up their mind on direction, communication between teams and the company needs to be more encouraged. Focus on the employee satisfaction and office culture.

Terrible environment, wrongful firings and mistreatment of the worker.

Former Employee - N/A in Louisville, KY (US)
    Former Employee - N/A in Louisville, KY (US)

I worked at eBay Enterprise as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

-Well kept
    -Up to date
    -Great use of technology

Cons

-Mistreatment of workers
    -Corruption
    -Negative environment
    -Rudeness
    -Dangerous at times

I may have the location mixed up, I never used this site prior to this.

I was honestly a bit disgusted by the work environment and co-workers here. They will hire anyone, from pedophiles to 18 year old girls. To ex-cons and an ex-cop that urinated on a 15 year old girl. There is no concern for the worker, but for their safety and they are treated as tools. I would not recommend this job to anyone, and if there was any legal way I would be sure to sue them for the mistreatment. Sadly it is all within their legal rights. They constantly hire and fire workers, for little to no reason at all. Either a personality conflict or a missed day, I understand the legal guidelines and we are speaking beyond this as human beings not as if we are computers. I was really wanting a further opportunity there, but will refuse to show any support and will be sure to even boycott ebay and anyone supporting of it. This is your lose, and not mine I will be sure to take my expertise else where. Somewhere where the worker is seen as a human being and not a tool. Temp workers are people, I understand a lot of them are not the brightest but some are looking to gain money to further their education and improve the business. Andre (Not with Addeco, but a support lead) will openly discriminate based upon race, and fire anyone not of his skin color. It is not taking a rocket scientist to figure this out. I've studied psychology for many years, and it is very obvious. I mean no harm to the business, but I am giving advice to help improve this. If you want good workers, you do not get them in mass numbers and fire the weak as if it was a race to the egg. You take your dedicated and ones who enjoy their job, and you treat them as fellow country men to help them out not discriminate to them based upon class. Also, a lot of drug dealing takes place in the building. I don't report individuals, but it does go on for sure and very openly. Sadly someone has to speak up.

the new member of ebay inc family

I have been working at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than an year)

Pros

growing young company
    dynamic working environment
    very international

Cons

has not been well structured yet
    does not offer some of ebay inc side benefits

needs to promote its own workers instead of transferring managers from other companies

Architect

Current Employee - Architect
    Current Employee - Architect

I have been working at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very nice and intelligent team to work with. Great product to work on.

Cons

Need more product enhancements and to consolidate the product.

They are working on making this a better solution.

Consolidate the products at a very high level to make the customer feel that is one product.

Case study in corporate dysfunction

Current Employee - Director, Operations
    Current Employee - Director, Operations

I have been working at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Autonomy. Other than that, it's hard to say anything good about this part of eBay. There are zero A players in senior management. They have all left or were forced to leave.

Cons

Lack of understanding of the market, their part in it, how to create value from a strong but aging tool set makes this company totally dysfunctional. The finance group makes budgets based on promises made to San Jose, with no input or consideration on the path to achieve them. Senior leadership is a huge void. A software company that only executes on one requirement- code freeze. Zero support from senior management, they are only concerned with CYA and hiding from responsibility. They constantly talk employee engagement, while having virtual HR and the lowest pay in the industry.

Leave. Close your PA headquarters and fold into San Jose. Hasten your mission to be part of the long list of failed eBay ventures.

From good to ok to horrible in 2 years.

I have been working at eBay Enterprise

Pros

Free bagels. Flex time IF in the right group. Free parking. Onsite gym and cafe.

Cons

Zero work life balance. Unrealistic expectations with no empathy. Extremely young work force with the me first attitude.

None they don't care.

Still a sweat shop

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Phila, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Phila, PA (US)

I worked at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Overall there has been vast improvements during my tenure but constant business process changes every 90 days mean everytime you start to get traction and see benefits from a process....it gets changed.

Cons

Gypsy management team brought it as 'world class leaders' with high turn over rate.

Develop from within, stop thinking your only choice is another low knowledge but highly polished from finishing school 'leader'.

corporate dysfunction

I worked at eBay Enterprise (less than an year)

Pros

I can think of zero pros

Cons

Despite attempts to adopt the positive culture of ebay, GSI continues to promote its own negative backstabbing agenda involving setting all up for failure while expecting otherwise.

leave

Good people doing their best

I have been working at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay, flexible management, solid leadership.

Cons

Growing too quickly, too many cooks in the kitchen, getting direction from different people

Bring all the eE teams together for a meet and greet. It's really hard to figure out who is who when we've never met.

Disappointed

Former Employee - Manager in Reno, NV (US)
    Former Employee - Manager in Reno, NV (US)

I worked at eBay Enterprise full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits. Pay is very good for management. The facility is relatively new, clean and well-maintained. It's out in the middle of nowhere, so it is very quiet when you go outside at night.

Cons

Hourly employees are not treated well by operations management which they do not trust. Pay for hourly employees is well below the norm for the area. Too many process/policy changes continually and all at once. Senior management tends to hire friends to fill management positions and do not hold them accountable. Operation management tend to get whatever resources they desire, while support departments are neglected for proper staffing levels.

Come up with a across the board plan and stick with it. Treat all departments fairly.

eBay Enterprise Photos