comScore

comScore Reviews

Updated Mar 29, 2014

comScore President, CEO, and Director Magid M. Abraham

Magid M. Abraham

Pros:
  • "Great culture, fast paced, dynamic organization, entrepreneurial spirit, good work / life balance"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Most coworkers are very smart, a lot to learn from them; laid back work environment"
    in 9 reviews
Cons:
  • "While they talk about work-life balance, they don't actually practice it"
    in 10 reviews
  • "can have long hours depending on client and project"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Poor treatment of its employees leads to high turnover

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at comScore for more than 3 years

ProsExciting field, super smart folks, great technology and lots of good work. Technology and research fields are exciting and marketing has done a great job getting comScore brand recognized globally.

ConsExtremely poor work-life balance, extremely high turnover, CEO states he wants folks on the job day and night, they prefer burning or pushing out experienced employees in favor of cheap college grads, below-market compensation and benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to value your people assets, and improve management training overall

Great learning experience

I worked at comScore

ProsFocus on fast growing industry like internet and technology.

Consfocus mostly with syndicated product

Focal point of innovation in the industry

Vice President (Current Employee)

I have been working at comScore full-time for more than a year

ProsSharp, creative people with tremendous drive to creating new solutions. A playground for trailblazers. Solid meritocracy where high performers are recognized and rewarded.

ConsPressure of being first to market can create fire drills. Disconnect in communication between senior leadership and staff make it difficult for some to see their contribution to the bigger picture.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communicate corporate vision to general staff

Overtime All-the-Time

I worked at comScore full-time

ProsFree snacks/coffee
Immediately work on projects for well known companies
Young office, lots of happy hours
Relaxed dress code
Good learning experience for someone right out of college

ConsCEO: "comScore is not a 9 to 5 place to work". Expect to consistently work beyond the standard work week, and even longer if you want to get ahead.

Clients are never told no - contracts are not written to be specific so the client is able to ask for whatever they want and get it...one factor that leads to long hours. Also, data is manipulated to show what makes client look good, rather than reality.

People frequently leave the company or move to different teams. This is a pro if you're the person doing so, but if you're the one that stays it leads to more work/training the replacement.

The 401k match rate is geared towards those who are not concerned about retirement.

All about making clients happy, not delivering a good product

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at comScore full-time

ProsFlexible about work hours, dress code, IT policy. Lots of free food, lunches, happy hours. Relatively high starting salaries for younger employees.

ConsClients are never told no. Data integrity is not important to most managers. Priority is making clients happy by delivering data that gives clients 'good news' whether or not the data is sound. Result is 'yes men' get ahead in the company while people who question data quality do not.

Too many layers of management, VPs report to other VPs who report to senior VPs who report to Executive VPs...

Salaries are ok, but no bonuses for employees below Director level. 401k match is so small its almost nonexistent.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstitute system of checks on data integrity or make changes to reporting structure to remove incentives for salespeople to mislead clients to increase sales numbers.

Good place to start a career but it really matters which team you're on

Data Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at comScore full-time for more than a year

ProsRelaxed work environment, flexible hours, generous time off policy. A good place to start out and make friends and get your feet wet in the corporate culture.

ConsSome teams promote their employees all the time, some don't at all which seems unfair. Management tends to play favorites and those who aren't in the "in-crowd" can be left behind

Advice to Senior ManagementStop playing favorites. Consider not waiting until the last minute to solve problems and forcing everyone to scramble.

Great as a start for a career, but its down hill after that

I worked at comScore

ProsGreat at the start. Projects are pretty interesting and great exposure

ConsCant learn much because everything is fake!
Loads of politics and its not an ideal company to be in for more than 2 years

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to watch the potential and start noticing hard working employees.

comScore is smart but not perfect

I have been working at comScore full-time for more than a year

ProsTop notch clients- top notch co workers - learning a lot - a company with a lot of bright people- I really like working for comScore- even if I have some very big cons.

ConsLong hours- low pay and client expectations are not set correctly. No one ever tells a client no. Speaking up is not welcomed. You feel like things aren't open and available to most people. Little to no room to advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow people to speak up- a lot of great people are at comScore - let them shine.

Product Manager Summer Internship

Product Manager Intern (Former Employee)
Reston, VA (US)

I worked at comScore part-time for less than a year

ProsPeople were helpful
They treat their interns well
High probability, IF YOU NETWORK WELL, of converting into full-time

ConsNEED to network well, not just do your work well.

Great place to be fooled

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at comScore full-time for more than a year

ProsYou can work from your homeoffice, you can get a company car, a laptop and a cellphone
Good products

ConsNot engough space to fill in all the cons in this field, but the most important for me is that they always find a way not to pay or to avoid paying your commission. They chang the conditions on this, on your job title and on your assigned task at any time the like without explantion and communication. NO matter what your contract states the change it to their own discretion. The company has an extrem high employee churn rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to be honest, say what you do and do what you say and respect your employees.

Worked for comScore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at comScore reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for comScore CEO Magid M. Abraham. All 111 reviews are posted anonymously by comScore employees.