blinkx

Updated 5 October, 2014
Updated 5 October, 2014

blinkx CEO S. Brian Mukherjee
S. Brian Mukherjee

Pros
  • Good compensation, good benefits, flexible hours and good opportunities for advancement (in 6 reviews)

• They also provide free snacks/beverages and do a staff lunch every Thursday which is generous of them (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Worst senior management team (at least from engineering perspective) I've ever worked with (in 7 reviews)

• There is no one leading the company (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

After reading this review you should stop any communication with their hiring manager

I worked at blinkx

Pros

Good place for those who don't want to do anything, and happy with industry mediocre paycheck.

Cons

Double check everything they tell you on interview. Unbelievably incompetent management. Zero task delegation. No product vision whatsoever. New software and improvements have flatline adoption curve. Heavy rotation, people run like hell from this festering pit, and management is even ashamed to report employees gone. There are some good people that trapped there with acquisitions, but they leave as soon as they can. I couldn't tolerate it anymore and decided to quit.

Company needs a hard reboot.

A growing company with nice perks!

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at blinkx as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Very nice people (for the most part), they are doing a fantastic job in their industry and just seem to be getting better and better. Clean office with plenty of supplies, and a great view. Free snacks!

Cons

My supervisor was never one to appreciate my hard work and was very unhelpful. She didn't want to train me, so it was very autonomous. And as an admin you're very separated from the rest of the group.

Evaluate all of your employees, even the ones who have been with the company a while, to see what they bring to the table.

Good place to work

I have been working at blinkx full-time

Pros

Good compensation, good benefits, flexible hours and good opportunities for advancement. Overall a very good place to work.

Cons

More collaboration between divisions would be helpful.

One of Blinkx's great strength is the diversity of its divisions, we should try to leverage that more and take advantage of each others skills and technologies.

Great place to work !

Current Employee - Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at blinkx full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people, start up vibe with corporate resources. As we grow we continue to take on new and challenging projects. Its been an awesome work experience ! Always learning new things and never bored.

Cons

You are expected to be "on" and available at all times. However this is rewarded with great company events and outings. Work hard , play hard attitude !

I appreciate our All Hand Meetings keeping all employee's up to date with the business.

Great place of employment!

Current Employee - Billing & Revenue Analyst in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Billing & Revenue Analyst in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at blinkx full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great work environment, approachable management, co-workers great to work with.

Cons

I currently do not have any cons for the company. Great place to work, great people to work with.

Great company to work for!

I have been working at blinkx

Pros

There's growth within the company. Everyone here are really friendly and willing to help one another. Since this is a start-up environment, you will have many opportunities to work with different team in this company

Cons

check in weekly with the employee would be nice

keep up the monthly meeting to let employees know what this company have achieved the past month

Worst professional experience of career.

Former Employee - Directory of Engineering in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Directory of Engineering in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at blinkx full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A few very nice people there, people I respected and wanted to work with.

Cons

Worst senior management team (at least from engineering perspective) I've ever worked with. No product vision or direction, tons of micro management. IMO, most of company is made up of C and D players. Very few high performers. My sentiments were not alone, this is a feeling at least some employees I worked with have themselves. Most telling fact, my contact at the company quit the same week I joined. This should have tipped me off that it was not a great place.

Open your eyes to what's really going on and who is making decisions.

Average Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at blinkx full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's nice for working your straight eight hours and going home. There isn't much motivation to work extra or contribute more. Your coworkers you work with on a day to day basis are nice.

Cons

Blinkx doesn't create anything truly innovative or ground breaking on the tech side. There aren't many perks if at all for working there. This isn't an environment for you if you're looking to learn and grow. There isn't many areas to advance to.

Please talk to your employees and care about them more.

Great Company, Loads of Opportunity and Potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at blinkx full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Have been with Blinkx since they acquired us back in 2011, and in that time, the company has expanded, hired, and increased revenue exponentially. I've had the pleasure of working with many others across the other departments/Offices, and there's really a sense of teamwork in most areas here.

Cons

There are some minor "corporate" issues that come along with being a publicly traded company, sometimes there could be lack of communication on what may be going on, outside of monthly meetings.

N/A

Internship Review

Current Employee - Corp Dev Intern in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Corp Dev Intern in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at blinkx as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone is extremely nice, and more than willing to walk me through their areas of expertise or give me a hand in an area i am unsure in. . The general attitude of all the employees is very positive and everyone seems very energetic. Management is very intelligent and seems committed to expanding the company. The company is also expanding rapidly.

They also provide free snacks/beverages and do a staff lunch every Thursday which is generous of them.

Cons

Other than having to do the occasional intern duties (running basic errands, faxing, etc.), and some occasional connectivity problems with wifi nothing really comes to mind.

Fix the VGA cable in the conference room.