blinkx

blinkx Reviews

Updated May 27, 2014

blinkx CEO S. Brian Mukherjee

S. Brian Mukherjee

Pros
  • laid back atmosphere, good benefits, competitive salary (in 5 reviews)

• They also provide free snacks/beverages and do a staff lunch every Thursday which is generous of them (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Worst senior management team (at least from engineering perspective) I've ever worked with (in 7 reviews)

• There is no one leading the company (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Company - Good Management - Good Culture

Pros- Awesome benefits
    - Competitive compensation
    - Reasonable management
    - Good company outlook
    - Free breakfast
    - 1-2 times per week we get catered lunch
    - Awesome location in SF - All of the offices are in prime locations with great looking offices
    - If you want it, you have a ton of opportunity for career growth

Cons- Growing incredibly fast, and sometimes unorganized as a result (will get better)
    - Poor press displays false messages about blinkx, and who we are.
    - Sometimes teams are understaffed, so hiring to ensure that employees havethe proper workload

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to transform the culture as you have over the last 2 years. Continue to leverage the blinkx team worldwide to develop the company into a world class name in the advertising industry. Continue to practice an open door policy. Keep doing what you are doing.

Good place to work

ProsGood compensation, good benefits, flexible hours and good opportunities for advancement. Overall a very good place to work.

ConsMore collaboration between divisions would be helpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne of Blinkx's great strength is the diversity of its divisions, we should try to leverage that more and take advantage of each others skills and technologies.

Great place to work !

Employee (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsGreat people, start up vibe with corporate resources. As we grow we continue to take on new and challenging projects. Its been an awesome work experience ! Always learning new things and never bored.

ConsYou are expected to be "on" and available at all times. However this is rewarded with great company events and outings. Work hard , play hard attitude !

Advice to Senior ManagementI appreciate our All Hand Meetings keeping all employee's up to date with the business.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place of employment!

Billing & Revenue Analyst (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsGreat work environment, approachable management, co-workers great to work with.

ConsI currently do not have any cons for the company. Great place to work, great people to work with.

Great company to work for!

ProsThere's growth within the company. Everyone here are really friendly and willing to help one another. Since this is a start-up environment, you will have many opportunities to work with different team in this company

Conscheck in weekly with the employee would be nice

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the monthly meeting to let employees know what this company have achieved the past month

Worst professional experience of career.

Directory of Engineering (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsA few very nice people there, people I respected and wanted to work with.

ConsWorst senior management team (at least from engineering perspective) I've ever worked with. No product vision or direction, tons of micro management. IMO, most of company is made up of C and D players. Very few high performers. My sentiments were not alone, this is a feeling at least some employees I worked with have themselves. Most telling fact, my contact at the company quit the same week I joined. This should have tipped me off that it was not a great place.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes to what's really going on and who is making decisions.

Average Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsIt's nice for working your straight eight hours and going home. There isn't much motivation to work extra or contribute more. Your coworkers you work with on a day to day basis are nice.

ConsBlinkx doesn't create anything truly innovative or ground breaking on the tech side. There aren't many perks if at all for working there. This isn't an environment for you if you're looking to learn and grow. There isn't many areas to advance to.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease talk to your employees and care about them more.

Great Company, Loads of Opportunity and Potential

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ (US)

ProsHave been with Blinkx since they acquired us back in 2011, and in that time, the company has expanded, hired, and increased revenue exponentially. I've had the pleasure of working with many others across the other departments/Offices, and there's really a sense of teamwork in most areas here.

ConsThere are some minor "corporate" issues that come along with being a publicly traded company, sometimes there could be lack of communication on what may be going on, outside of monthly meetings.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Internship Review

Corp Dev Intern (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsEveryone is extremely nice, and more than willing to walk me through their areas of expertise or give me a hand in an area i am unsure in. . The general attitude of all the employees is very positive and everyone seems very energetic. Management is very intelligent and seems committed to expanding the company. The company is also expanding rapidly.

They also provide free snacks/beverages and do a staff lunch every Thursday which is generous of them.

ConsOther than having to do the occasional intern duties (running basic errands, faxing, etc.), and some occasional connectivity problems with wifi nothing really comes to mind.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the VGA cable in the conference room.

Dead end

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay and ok benefits

ConsSome rotten managers and technology that is not exciting.

Worked for blinkx? Contribute to the Community!