adidas Group

adidas Group Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

adidas Group Chairman and CEO Herbert Hainer

Herbert Hainer

Pros
  • Laid back and sports centered environment, where work-life balance is given emphasis (in 20 reviews)

• Awesome work environment great world renowned brand (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Full-Time not available for anyone who isn't a manager (in 8 reviews)

• senior management are out of touch with their employees; make them feel like they are incompetent (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

excellent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosawesome consumer brands and people

Conssales driven high presssure targets

Advice to Senior Managementcommunication

Probably Great If You Are Executive-Level

Operations Associate (Current Employee) Brantford, ON

Pros-great team to work with-- kind, patient, fun individuals
    -provide regular 40-hr workweek with over time regularly available
    -company gives a great staff discount on their products, as well as providing cold, filtered water stations throughout the facility and free coffee/tea/cappuccino drinks for everyone

Cons-company fails to provide adequate equipment and supplies for staffers to do their work satisfactorily
    -company cares about its image far more than they do about the people who work for them, which makes perfect sense considering every item of clothing and piece of sporting gear that bears their name is made in a sweat shop
    -pay/compensation is poor

Great first job.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFollow your passion. Work with professional sports teams to create the latest and greatest in new sporting goods. Opportunity to travel. Great exposure to global business.

ConsUncompetitive salaries and very political.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen up long vesting stock options for all levels of management. Offer competitive compensation and fight to keep talent.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun at times, but the problems outweigh the joy

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Calgary, AB

Pros-Decent Pay
    -Good Discount
    -World Renowned Company
    -Some Management was great, very team building and supportive.
    -Some quality clothing came in
    -Part Time and full time non-management Co-Workers were awesome! Had a lot of fun in the store and they were the times that made for a very enjoyable work environment while at the same time not slacking on the job.

Cons-Majority of the management is lazy and biased, while other managers are rude and unethical and some lack means of maturity in regards to their position.
    -No one receives incentive for sales except for management. Management receives bonuses for the sales associates and their efforts in lieu of it being a prospering business, if it is not doing well then no bonus for them.
    -Lack of hours. Manager is deliberately giving no hours to PT associates in attempt to making some of them quit. Any PT worker with more then one shift a week is valued and is likely urged to stay.
    -One Keyholder tended to steal sales from Sales Associates, discouraging them to sell and not pursue their goals in regards to daily and hourly sales and UPT targets, also picked fights with non-management workers and particularly picked on one individual over their past as they knew each other previous to employment. Assistant Manager tends to bring people down over miniscule duties and things.
    -Management seems unqualified, I was told on my interview that I performed better in the evaluation then most management did, which signifies the lack to true competencies and pre-existing experiences making them not truly eligible over the position but picked due to preference, repeating the biased topic.
    -As stated above they are justifiable means for an unhappy and unprofessional work environment. Often there are times when you don't want to be there and you urge to quit, the little things keep you sticking around which ultimately ends in regret.

Advice to Senior ManagementDistrict Manager or Area Manager should seriously consider re-evaluating the store level management. Ultimately more professionalism and maturity to store level managers and treat your workers like they are valued instead of making yourself look better.

Good place to work as a student

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Boucherville, QC

ProsGreat benefits and tons of free or really great deals for employees! Met a lot of really great people that I have made lasting relationships with.

ConsRetail work is tedious. Management was not the best which made working there difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome managers dont have any managerial skills and dont know how to run a store properly. Talking about employees to other employees is not good management.

Good years

ProsInitally had a great family culture.

Cons.Strategic changes made with team that was not fully prepared.

Excellent Job!

Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee) Panamá (Panama)

ProsStability, great place to work, work life balance and excellent benefits

ConsCarreer opportunities are low and too oriented to contract mans as directors.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the open door culture and excellent benefits.

It is great working for the brand, there is always something to learn !

Manager (Current Employee) Delhi (India)

Prosinformal work culture , supportive teams, perks & fringe benefits are good.

Consnon value adding discussions take away good time

Great Career Learning Experience

Team Leader (Former Employee) Central Valley, NY (US)

ProsI began my career here as a 16 year old working in a store that was making about 5 million dollars per year. I worked here throughout high school, on and off when returning for summer vacation from colleges and on long breaks, and then returned full time to assume a management level role at the completion of college. By the time I stepped into a management role, I had seen, and been a part of, this store growing to roughly a 12 million dollar top 5 outlet in the United States for adidas. Throughout my journey I had great mentors in leadership roles, specifically assistant store managers, but did see a revolving door of store managers. The leaders imposed a great, corporate designed, training program upon associates. But unfortunately it fell upon associates to delve deeper into the training since daily tasks, responsibilities, and overall traffic in the store kept managers extremely busy.

As an adidas associate, you have countless opportunities throughout the day to interact with guests and convert them into customers. It is a great training ground for people who are looking to get into a more professional sales role in the future. On the other side, adidas does provide the opportunity to be a long term employee and make a career in retail, or transitioning into a career on the corporate side of the company.

Overall, this was a great place to work, a company with incredible products, great people, flexible schedules, an extremely challenging environment (although this depends on which store you work at), and great advancement opportunities.

Cons- As with any retailer, you generally work all weekends and holidays.
    - Store managers never lasted more than a year or two.
    - Salary started low and raises were very low
    - Technology used within the store (POS) (Receiving Guns) (Price Lookup Guns) were outdated or constantly crashing.

Advice to Senior Management- Convert your top talent to higher paid, salaried employees. You'll get more out of them (There were numerous days where I wanted to work, and work, and work, or come in an extra day to get a head but lack of OT opportunities, and already working a 40/hr week prevented that).

Young performant Environment with challenging opportunities

Senior Business Consultant (Current Employee) Herzogenaurach (Germany)

ProsGood working Environment with the possibility to have good work-life Balance. Opportunity to take on challenges in an multi-cultural Environment. International Setup of the Organisation provides enough room to build your individual strength in a certain area. (e.g. Sales, IT, Legal)

ConsIn technical Areas there is strong Focus on Project Management with the loss of technical Expertise therefore high dependency on external contractors.

Worked for adidas Group? Contribute to the Community!