Xerox Reviews

2.4
1,847 Reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns
Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros (in 112 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO (in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises in years, upper management gets richer while everyone else suffers (in 116 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance does not exist because you don't get any life to balance against work (in 33 reviews)

More Highlights

Great learning experience, job challenges you to learn quickly and strengthen skills. (multitask & problem solving

Current Employee - Fulfillment Analyst in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Fulfillment Analyst in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

- Great starting salary
    - people are friendly

Cons

- Management does a terrible job to motivate employees
    - MUST stay in position for 2 years before any type of promotion
    - Cant get a decent paying position unless you do sales
    - Management does not listen to their employees
    - Unfair promotions (people who are less deserving than you tend to get the jobs)
    - Unattractive working environment

Listen to your employees, speak to your employees before a big decision is made, work on treating each employee with the same amount of respect and recognition.

Good

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Xerox

Pros

Pay for performance and opportunity for growth

Cons

Micro Management, Boys club, inexperienced managers

Leverage outside management consultants..

good experience, not a career

Current Employee - Account Manager in Scarborough, ON
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Scarborough, ON

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

experience, good mid level management, good people to work with, managers help advance your career and give time off for interviews

Cons

compensation, upper level management struggle to create a vision for the company

Mandatory-optional is a common theme.

Former Employee - Business Development Specialist - Inside Sales in Saint John, NB

I worked at Xerox

Pros

Great benefits and positive for fostering a good work-life balance, and the Day of Sharing, during which every employee receives a paid day off to volunteer within the community, is fantastic.

Cons

They treat employees like children. Think "optional" easter-egg hunts during peak times when you could be doing actual work and speaking to customers. Non-participation is frowned upon.

Stop micromanaging. Yes, your formula of x calls for x prospects for x sales works, but we have our own appointments and prospects to follow up with. Our days are more dynamic than your formula and we can't match it day after day.

Opportunities good for increasing responsibility

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

Flexible work hours, work from home, benefits

Cons

Salaries some of lowest in IT industry

Disappointing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

Free copy paper and colour printing at the office.

Cons

High barriers to entry, poor culture, highly competitive, highest paid positions still predominantly male, an atmoshere of arrogance.

When I started out 5 years ago the pay was good - now it is terrible

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

training in sales field is excellent as well as training on product. benefits are ok. other employees are fun to work with

Cons

Pay has steadily decreased as well as benefits over the last 3 years. Managers do not receive enough training and are not evaluated well.

start paying people according to the amount of work done - not by how many committes they are on would be the best advice I can give.

Like a child's day care centre

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Xerox

Pros

The customers were convinced Xerox was the best option in many cases. The products were superior to that of the most formidable competitor. Good training---if you don't mind being assimilated

Cons

Sincere lack of connection and respect for their sales people. My manager was trained to never be satisfied with results even at high level performances. Didn't spend time getting to 'best' out of the individual through education and reinforcement, rather, broad-stroke management and daily business reviews to micromanage ALL activities. Comments like "When I tell you to do something I EXPECT YOU TO DO IT" with a disregard for established strategy or daily plan.

Upper Management: watch for rogue Sales Managers. Results are important; good reps are NOT expendable and know their jobs.

Xerox allowed me to perform high impact functions straight out of university

Current Employee - Account Manager- Agency in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Account Manager- Agency in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

- hire entry level grads and give them opportunity to solicit and communicate with C-level contacts
    - world-renowned sales training program
    - constant learning with phenomenal resources available for your personal growth
    - work hard play hard environment
    - results oriented environment- allows motivated reps the ability to bolster their resume with achievements
    - strategic sale cycle support available at any time

Cons

- Agency pay structure is commission only- when starting out you have to be ready to be poor for a while
    - Micro-management is prevalent in the Agencies because they are essentially baby-sitting a bunch of recent grads
    - Structure designed for reps to pound the pavement, set meetings and bring in a manager to close the deal- Management needs to realize when a tenured rep has ownership of the sale cycle and respect the relationship that rep has built with the customer. Do not jeopardize the sale!
    - defining line needs to be drawn between the tenured Agency reps and the rookies.

A wise sales executive once said to me that the most destructive thing to a sales person is a quota. If you must reach quota and you are below target, immediately you throw out relationships and begin to harass customers to get the sale. Management needs to stop enforcing this attitude as it is a quarterly business (not monthly). If the rep is doing everything properly he/she will be juggling numerous sale cycles and that low month will be followed by a gigantic month. The business world has changed dramatically and Management needs to catch up with the times- there is no such thing as a hard sell anymore, strict preparation and hard work wins the deal.

Unfair and discriminative environment

Former Employee - Analyst in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Xerox

Pros

Xerox is a famous brand name

Cons

- Unfair and discriminative, If you know one of the managements you will get the promotion and rewards
    - No employee evaluation
    - Rewards just goes to favorite employees
    - Lack of Communication between management and employees

- Communicate more defectively with employees
    - Evaluate managers