Xerox

2.6 1,385 reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns

Ursula M. Burns

1,385 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work/Life Balance - Strict 9-5 job, with the opportunity to work from home"
    in 87 reviews
  • "Current manager is outstanding and the ability to work from home is a pleasure"
    in 44 reviews
Cons:
  • "No raises for over 5 years, I TRULY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL WORK HERE"
    in 80 reviews
  • "Most upper management have received salary increase over the last 6 years but staff has not"
    in 59 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Financial Analyst

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAwesome work environment, great training opportunities

ConsPay is extremely low based on market average

Many good years. Sad to leave.

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

ProsLearned how to sell.
Fun Reward and Recognition events which fostered good relationships with colleagues.
Learned some good business skills and selling processes.
Good training many years ago.

ConsBureaucracy. Process. Financial-driven people decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to front line people.

An example of the clueless leading the blind

Second Line Support (Current Employee)
Saint John, NB

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

ProsDepending on your manager it can be a great experience. For 10 of my 15 years in service and support it was wonderful. They cared about the employees and their families. It was a family first work second atmosphere with rewards and recognition.

ConsHowever once the new CEO took over everything went downhill.

There have not been raises since 2008. They blame "hard times" globally, yet they have the funds to purchase new companies, open new call centres, sponsor motorcycles and races. But the people who build this company from the ground up are left in the dust and told to reflect on how lucky they are to have a job. Certain managers and HR people are in high positions because of who they know, not because they have the skill set which is evident in meetings and discussions.

It's a frustrating and disappointing thing to be reviewed by someone who has half of your intelligence and doesn't even understand the information he or she is sharing with you. This is how middle management at Xerox is.

It's also hard walking into work everyday knowing that this could be your last day because Xerox is so keen on off-shoring.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to release 60% of the middle managers from their jobs, as they are not fit for the job. The CEO needs to be replaced with someone who believes in core values of the employee, not the share holder. And you need to stop offshoring.

Start thinking long term, and not short term. Small vision leads to smaller futures.

No future

TSR (Current Employee)
Kitchener, ON

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

ProsColleagues and customers are all that keep me here.

ConsNo salary increases for a decade.
Benefits are shrinking.
Talented people are passed over for creepy "yes" men.
When a well educated, business savvy individual is "leap-frogged" by an uneducated, uncouth, incompetent liar, you know the business is in trouble.
Profligate waste is rampant, while the core front line employees are "nickel and dimed" to death.
Unethical reporting and manipulation of numbers is causing untold damage.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the bullies, stop the harassment, treat people as people and fairly. Realise that people who say yes are no use to you, the people who ask the difficult questions are the ones you need.
Following the current strategy is a "going out of business" model. Stop wasting money on endless meetings, lean six sigma projects and moral breaking schemes. Take a serious look at the ROI on these efforts and you will understand just how much damage is being done.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Identity Struggle in HR Space

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat potential, if company can commit to leveraging broad capabilities and show commitment to market. Leadership at the top (Ursula Burns) is excellent and motivational.

ConsThe many recent acquisitions have left Xerox a patch-work company, and the various areas are not all working together (nor even aware of each other). Especially the new areas that are traditional consulting areas are struggling to get management commitment in a low-cost structure mindset from other parts of the company. This is leading to challenges supporting clients the way that the clients expect, and to loss of clients, staff moral, revenue, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs Xerox re-defines itself following acquisition of ACS and Buck, it needs to commit time and money to re-establishing its identity in the market (and internally!), which is very confused by what Xerox can do.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Very low pay for a very demanding job

Field Service Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Xerox full-time

ProsJob is not boring, colleagues are supportive, Xerox is a good brand and might look good on your resume.

ConsVery low pay, they always hire people first as contractors and after two years if you are lucky you get hired permanently with no raise. Working as a contractor you have to use your own car and pay all your parking and other expenses out of your pocket and get reimbursed at the end of the month. Workforce is unmotivated and environment is very political. Every body is setting their goal for the minimum expectation.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate people fairly and manage for result not empty numbers.

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Xerox as an intern for less than a year

ProsGenerally flexible hours if you communicate in advance
Good work culture, people keep you informed and atmosphere is friendly
Many people are willing to teach you if you are willing to learn and has a good balance between work and social activities

ConsDo not see too much opportunity for advancement

Going down hill faster than a bobsled team at the Olympics

CSP (Current Employee)
Calgary, AB

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

ProsVery little. The customer interaction is still the best part of the job , however when you no longer are able to meet the customers expectation it's hard to enjoy your day.

ConsConstant wage cutting (pension non existent). The competitors starting wage is $5,000 more than our top scale in service. They treat their employees like second class people that should be happy they have a job. Not inspiring in the least. No raises for over 5 years, I TRULY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL WORK HERE. Perhaps its the few customers we have left.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many bosses that have no idea what your people do each day. A scheme may look good on paper but XSAT is an unworkable system. Listen to your employees before you loose the rest of your customers. Employees have common sense a computer program does not. You do not value your employees and it shows!

Anticlimatic

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 8 years

ProsHard work pays off, great place to learn to sell, gain strong business acumen.

ConsNew senior management is too process oriented, unsophisticated and lacks the human element. They are oblivious to the harm they are doing on the overall culture and the long term negative effects this is having.

Advice to Senior ManagementLower and Middle management just tell upper management what they want to hear and are experts at shifting the blame. Need to be open to challenge, constructive feedback and also foster a sense of accountability.

World class company

Operations Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThey do what they say everyday. Education is promoted and valued

Consvast number of positions and salaries

Advice to Senior ManagementDelivery of commitments is not as easy as selling them

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!

Xerox Videos

Xerox – Why Work for Us?

Why build your career at Xerox? Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer service and success as you are. In fact, this passion is at the heart of what we do… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xerox reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Xerox CEO Ursula M. Burns. All 1,385 reviews are posted anonymously by Xerox employees.