Xerox

Updated Jul 24, 2014

2.6 1,592 reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns

Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros(in 98 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO(in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises for over 5 years, I TRULY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL WORK HERE(in 100 reviews)

• Senior Management needs some improvement (especially in Services)(in 64 reviews)

1,592 Employee Reviews

Challenge

Account Manager (Current Employee) Regina, SK

Prosgreat training, proven sales practice

Conscould be sometimes rough, but thats what sales is all about.

Advice to Senior Managementgreat management

Good experience

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) North York, ON

ProsLoved the work atmosphere. Great coworkers and managers. Lots of fun times. The benefits there were really good compared to some companies. Work environment was laid back but people worked hard because they were respected and appreciated.

ConsSome managers don't have the proper people skills and shouldn't be managers. That goes without saying with any company. There weren't a lot of those types though.

Advice to Senior ManagementThoroughly think through massive layoffs. It doesn't make sense when you realize it was a mistake and have to hire those laid off positions back on again.

Account Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood training, good experience to grow in

ConsToo high expectations, must be more realistic

Advice to Senior ManagementLess turnover focused, more development focus!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

sales

Account Executive (Current Employee) Montreal, QC

Prosit's a great school of sales

Consunhealthy environment, too competitive, no base pay...

Sales @ Xerox

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat training. Commission can be good if you can hit your targets. Lots of contests and things like that to keep you motivated. Job definitely gets easier with time as the product knowledge becomes second nature.

ConsDefinitely a grind. Super competitive industry with Xerox being the highest priced in the market. Can be repetitive, and sometimes there was a lack of support in the sales cycles.

Financial Analyst

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsAwesome work environment, great training opportunities

ConsPay is extremely low based on market average

An example of the clueless leading the blind

Second Line Support (Current Employee) Saint John, NB

ProsDepending on your manager it can be a great experience. For 10 of my 15 years in service and support it was wonderful. They cared about the employees and their families. It was a family first work second atmosphere with rewards and recognition.

ConsHowever once the new CEO took over everything went downhill.

There have not been raises since 2008. They blame "hard times" globally, yet they have the funds to purchase new companies, open new call centres, sponsor motorcycles and races. But the people who build this company from the ground up are left in the dust and told to reflect on how lucky they are to have a job. Certain managers and HR people are in high positions because of who they know, not because they have the skill set which is evident in meetings and discussions.

It's a frustrating and disappointing thing to be reviewed by someone who has half of your intelligence and doesn't even understand the information he or she is sharing with you. This is how middle management at Xerox is.

It's also hard walking into work everyday knowing that this could be your last day because Xerox is so keen on off-shoring.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to release 60% of the middle managers from their jobs, as they are not fit for the job. The CEO needs to be replaced with someone who believes in core values of the employee, not the share holder. And you need to stop offshoring.

Start thinking long term, and not short term. Small vision leads to smaller futures.

Many good years. Sad to leave.

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsLearned how to sell.
    Fun Reward and Recognition events which fostered good relationships with colleagues.
    Learned some good business skills and selling processes.
    Good training many years ago.

ConsBureaucracy. Process. Financial-driven people decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to front line people.

No future

TSR (Current Employee) Kitchener, ON

ProsColleagues and customers are all that keep me here.

ConsNo salary increases for a decade.
    Benefits are shrinking.
    Talented people are passed over for creepy "yes" men.
    When a well educated, business savvy individual is "leap-frogged" by an uneducated, uncouth, incompetent liar, you know the business is in trouble.
    Profligate waste is rampant, while the core front line employees are "nickel and dimed" to death.
    Unethical reporting and manipulation of numbers is causing untold damage.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the bullies, stop the harassment, treat people as people and fairly. Realise that people who say yes are no use to you, the people who ask the difficult questions are the ones you need.
    Following the current strategy is a "going out of business" model. Stop wasting money on endless meetings, lean six sigma projects and moral breaking schemes. Take a serious look at the ROI on these efforts and you will understand just how much damage is being done.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Identity Struggle in HR Space

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat potential, if company can commit to leveraging broad capabilities and show commitment to market. Leadership at the top (Ursula Burns) is excellent and motivational.

ConsThe many recent acquisitions have left Xerox a patch-work company, and the various areas are not all working together (nor even aware of each other). Especially the new areas that are traditional consulting areas are struggling to get management commitment in a low-cost structure mindset from other parts of the company. This is leading to challenges supporting clients the way that the clients expect, and to loss of clients, staff moral, revenue, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs Xerox re-defines itself following acquisition of ACS and Buck, it needs to commit time and money to re-establishing its identity in the market (and internally!), which is very confused by what Xerox can do.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!