Xerox

2.6 1,372 reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns

Ursula M. Burns

1,372 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work/Life Balance - Strict 9-5 job, with the opportunity to work from home"
    in 87 reviews
  • "Current manager is outstanding and the ability to work from home is a pleasure"
    in 44 reviews
Cons:
  • "No raises for over 5 years, I TRULY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL WORK HERE"
    in 80 reviews
  • "Most upper management have received salary increase over the last 6 years but staff has not"
    in 59 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

XRCC

Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Xerox

ProsGreat people, great facilities, employee benefits. Cutting edge research. lots of room for growth.

Consno real bonus structure for researchers, not a very good monetary incentive to produce patents,

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement

promotions givent to specialist who do nothing!

SSE (Former Employee)

Prosname brand
big accounts
decent pay
good benefits
flexible pay structure that you are able to choose

Consunfair promotions
take your terriotry and give to someone else

Advice to Senior Managementbe fair and look at people beyond a number. Promotions should be based on capabilities and just because you can close a deal doesn't mean you are fit to lead people. management is a serious road and leaders should be able to lead by example. listen to your front line sales people for changes.

USED to be a good place to work about 4-5 years ago, but no longer any future for the youth

Associate Financial Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Xerox

ProsRelatively small Head Office so there is a great deal of exposure to Senior Management. Many employees are seasoned veterans, very loyal & share information & knowledge with youth. Sales & senior level management has high compensation. Very diverse workforce. (Used to be) possible to work your way up from the bottom (if you are willing to stay 20+ years). Entry level position group used as future talent pool & boot camp only works with regular COMPENSATION & fair opportunities.

ConsManagement is completely disconnected from employee growth & progress. There is literally no investment on retaining or growing talent in any other category other than sales or upper management levels (who are already well compensated). Pay for junior to senior analysts is low - & NOT competitive compared with similar roles in other industries. Senior Leadership Team is almost entirely from Sales background - Finance department voice is non-existent. Cuts to pay & hiring freeze during a relatively mild Canadian recession has severely demoralized youth & up & comers & attrition will be out of control in 2010.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome Xerox CANADA again - Disconnect from US model - Seems Big Brother makes all the decisions. Start by placing an experienced CANADIAN CEO - this company is NOT a Harvard Case Study project. Listen & Invest in the youth & invest in retaining talent at ALL levels not just sales - it is not working. Invest in new systems & technology or outsource admin & any highly manual work to streamline workforce & remove the old timers. Management describes Xerox as "great" and as being "proud" but as your employees they would say first say "used to be..."

Not happy working at this Company.

Virtual Sales Executive (Former Employee)
Dartmouth, NS

I worked at Xerox

ProsWell recognized brand and Good co-workers.

ConsProduct more expensive therefore more difficult to sell.
Limited support from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the targets more resonable to reach.

A little disarray

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Xerox

ProsGood people. Work-life balance. If you are not the aggressive type, this one is for you.

ConsNothing changes if nothing changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the IT budget and upgrade the system!

"Regain customer focus"

National Services and Solutions Executive (Former Employee)

ProsEntrepreneurial
Sales focused
Compensation directly related to effort
Good training
Trips
Decent colleagues

ConsA company without direction
It is seeking it's next golden egg but not finding it
Poor at communicating ideas from management
Not much communication
Inability to Change/Innovate but when they decide to the early mover has already grabed market share
Sales team has to be integrated into whole business
Stop "rolling' you customers into longer term leases that is essentially a way of masking the truth. It does not add any value to Xerox nor to the customers. Maybe stick to hardware rather than the services and BPO areas where there is plenty of competition.
Connect R&D to operational business

Advice to Senior ManagementConnect
Re-train
Focus on customer

Xerox is the best company to improve your sales skills, get recognition and grow internally

Sales Executive (Current Employee)
Montreal, QC

I have been working at Xerox

ProsImprove your sales skills with very interesting training (internal & external ressources)
Get fast recognition for your performance ! There is a lot of contest always going on
Make good money ! If you are overacheiving, your can have a monthly pay check higher than what you did in 1 full year somewhere else.
Huge career opportunities inside the company ! 80% of the promotions are coming from the internal.

ConsCommunication of decision to the sales force is sometimes slow and not detailled
You have to handle pressure...tons of pressure ! If you are over plan you are okay but if not, you will feel it deaply !

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication to the sales force about new decisions

Xerox is a good company, not a great company.

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Xerox

ProsGreat culture for goal oriented people. It is a "meritocracy"...you perform well, you advance and get paid reasonably well...although there continues to be a reluctance to fully pay/reward for outstanding performance. They cap the income of high performers.

ConsHas not fully transitioned from the old-school copier company to a more market-connected IT company. It's trying, but we need to lose some of the baggage. Particularly around how much money we pay high performers and the type of talent we are trying to attract. We need to attract great IT talent, not great "copier talent".

Advice to Senior ManagementRebuild our HR strategy for acquiring/retaining top IT talent. Our HR approach is out of touch with today's realities.

The customers can be brutal

Customer Care Associate (Current Employee)
Anderson, IN (US)

I have been working at Xerox full-time

ProsYou can work plenty of overtime

ConsThe pay differs from paycheck to paycheck

Advice to Senior ManagementConsiderchangeing pay to straight hourly

Call Center - Ok but hourly wage is low.

Call Center Representative (Former Employee)
Webster, NY (US)

I worked at Xerox full-time for less than a year

Pros6 weeks of training to handle customers on the phone. Helped with the basics but felt lost on the computers. Quick promotional opportunities said to be available.

ConsCall center workers deal with a lot of customer dissatisfaction and customer abuse.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more computer based training to effectively deal with customers.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!

Xerox Videos

Xerox – Why Work for Us?

Why build your career at Xerox? Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer service and success as you are. In fact, this passion is at the heart of what we do… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xerox reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Xerox CEO Ursula M. Burns. All 1,372 reviews are posted anonymously by Xerox employees.