Xerox

2.6 1,388 reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns

Ursula M. Burns

1,388 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work/Life Balance - Strict 9-5 job, with the opportunity to work from home"
    in 87 reviews
  • "Current manager is outstanding and the ability to work from home is a pleasure"
    in 44 reviews
Cons:
  • "No raises for over 5 years, I TRULY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL WORK HERE"
    in 80 reviews
  • "Most upper management have received salary increase over the last 6 years but staff has not"
    in 59 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

World class company

Operations Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThey do what they say everyday. Education is promoted and valued

Consvast number of positions and salaries

Advice to Senior ManagementDelivery of commitments is not as easy as selling them

Too many chiefs, not enough front line techs

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Brockville, ON

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

ProsStill have a pension and dwindling benefits for now

ConsSome of the upper management decisions

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk the front line workers, how the company can be improved

Great company, unpredictable future

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Xerox full-time

ProsFantastic brand and great sales training, excellent work culture. Highly independent workspace, opportunity to separate yourself from everyone else via hard work.

ConsFuture of the company and direction of management is highly volatile... how will Xerox stay modern? Due to the extremely competitive landscape, some scaling and changes are needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your talent... don't let them leave. Find your top performers through whatever means necessary and keep them happy.

I was happy to work there and was a very good learning experience under senior technicians

Material Programmer (Former Employee)

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery technical, can achive satisfaction through outcome and a good place to work inorder learn under senior technician.

ConsConstant bad business by mangement

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop Hiring Nephews, uncles and relations for managerial positions, Needs professional, accountable and buisness worthy person.

Great People, Great work-life balance

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat people working here, great work-life balance (depending on your department/manager), Mentorship Program

ConsSalary increase program (aka cost of living increase) has been non-existent for the past several years

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't micro manage your employees! If you take the time to hire well, you should be able to trust the professionals you hire.

Great Sales Company but unfortunately, their glory years are behind them.

Sales Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLarge and structured.
Great Training.
Career Advancement.
For the most part, good, hardworking workforce.
Good Rewards and Recognition for over performers.

ConsWatered down industry.
Many tenured and talented staff are leaving or have left.
Shrinking profits with stagnant stock price.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet into new silos of business. The copier printer thing is boring. Enterprise software and HR service type business are booming. Xerox already has a foot inside sooo many companies that would cross purchase from Xerox if Xerox came with another way to make more profit.

Xerox is going DOWNHILL at full speed

Solutions and Services Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Xerox full-time

Pros- Sales training is still one of the best in the world - very passionate trainers who sold in the old days.
- Skills you get in this job are very transferrable and will help you in any other job in the future
- Personal development and ability to get business acumen knowledge
- Ability to learn about different verticals and industries - being much more well-rounded.

Cons- Almost working for free - very marginal commissions
- Working really hard and then still owing Xerox money for overpayment, negative commissions. All you keep hearing is how great the company is and how much money you will make, however, the reality is so different from it.
- Very unethical and management works hard on brainwashing their reps – encouraging a lot of refinancing and to just push another box in– customer is the last party the company thinks about.
- So slow to adapt to new outsourcing solutions, software and services and don’t even support them post-sale.

So happy to be out of it!

Advice to Senior ManagementMid management (former sales rep) needs to stop living in their past. Those glory days with 200+ k in commissions are over. There is so much more to happiness that Xerox and your monthly outlooks (30 days cycles are clearly wrong if no one is able to meet them), which terrify your workforce and make them no money at the end anyway.

Too bad the end has come for Xerox as a Company...

Sales Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Xerox full-time

ProsGreat sales training.
Lots of personal time due to les and less demand for equipment
Nice name to have on resume , if you can successfully sell here, you can sell anywhere

ConsOver 50% cut in commissions
Dishonest mid management
Inexperienced, immature sales managers for the most part
70-80% of central Toronto sales staff are under one year
Pension has been now eliminated and replaced by a fancy named rrsp matching program

Advice to Senior ManagementRecent layoffs and massive resignations by top sales people should give you the answers.
Forced retirement of 50's something senior management is not a good sign to field staff.
Be honest with stockholders before its too late, hence RIM and others....

National Account Manager

Services and Solutions Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPeople were fantastic.
Xerox used to be a fantastic place to work but decisions in the past 3 years have made it terrible.

ConsFinance now runs commissions - reduction of OVER 50% in commissions YEAR OVER YEAR.
Penalize you for not successfully re-leasing to customers by charging you the value of the original commission. Is that even legal?
With compensation reductions, you are basically paying out of your own pocket to work at Xerox every month.
Sales managers are bullies to their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up!!!! Your sales challenges are primarily due to low to no morale by your employees. Why try to bring in a deal when you still end up owing the company money at the end of the month. Mandy Shapansky needs to go! Xerox is a sales organization - bring back control to sales and get rid of the finance people making decisions which have evidently caused the company to see the worst results in years!!!

Good work environment, but not too much work

Development Engineer (Former Employee)
Mississauga, ON

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than a year

ProsFriendly atmosphere. Lots of teamwork

ConsNot many projects. The outlook not so great.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!

Xerox Videos

Xerox – Why Work for Us?

Why build your career at Xerox? Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer service and success as you are. In fact, this passion is at the heart of what we do… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xerox reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Xerox CEO Ursula M. Burns. All 1,388 reviews are posted anonymously by Xerox employees.