Xerox

Updated Jul 22, 2014

2.6 1,583 reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns

Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros(in 97 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO(in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises for over 5 years, I TRULY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL WORK HERE(in 100 reviews)

• Most upper management have received salary increase over the last 6 years but staff has not(in 64 reviews)

1,583 Employee Reviews

Very low pay for a very demanding job

Field Service Technician (Current Employee)

ProsJob is not boring, colleagues are supportive, Xerox is a good brand and might look good on your resume.

ConsVery low pay, they always hire people first as contractors and after two years if you are lucky you get hired permanently with no raise. Working as a contractor you have to use your own car and pay all your parking and other expenses out of your pocket and get reimbursed at the end of the month. Workforce is unmotivated and environment is very political. Every body is setting their goal for the minimum expectation.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate people fairly and manage for result not empty numbers.

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGenerally flexible hours if you communicate in advance
    Good work culture, people keep you informed and atmosphere is friendly
    Many people are willing to teach you if you are willing to learn and has a good balance between work and social activities

ConsDo not see too much opportunity for advancement

Going down hill faster than a bobsled team at the Olympics

CSP (Current Employee) Calgary, AB

ProsVery little. The customer interaction is still the best part of the job , however when you no longer are able to meet the customers expectation it's hard to enjoy your day.

ConsConstant wage cutting (pension non existent). The competitors starting wage is $5,000 more than our top scale in service. They treat their employees like second class people that should be happy they have a job. Not inspiring in the least. No raises for over 5 years, I TRULY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL WORK HERE. Perhaps its the few customers we have left.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many bosses that have no idea what your people do each day. A scheme may look good on paper but XSAT is an unworkable system. Listen to your employees before you loose the rest of your customers. Employees have common sense a computer program does not. You do not value your employees and it shows!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Anticlimatic

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsHard work pays off, great place to learn to sell, gain strong business acumen.

ConsNew senior management is too process oriented, unsophisticated and lacks the human element. They are oblivious to the harm they are doing on the overall culture and the long term negative effects this is having.

Advice to Senior ManagementLower and Middle management just tell upper management what they want to hear and are experts at shifting the blame. Need to be open to challenge, constructive feedback and also foster a sense of accountability.

World class company

Operations Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThey do what they say everyday. Education is promoted and valued

Consvast number of positions and salaries

Advice to Senior ManagementDelivery of commitments is not as easy as selling them

Too many chiefs, not enough front line techs

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Brockville, ON

ProsStill have a pension and dwindling benefits for now

ConsSome of the upper management decisions

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk the front line workers, how the company can be improved

Great company, unpredictable future

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFantastic brand and great sales training, excellent work culture. Highly independent workspace, opportunity to separate yourself from everyone else via hard work.

ConsFuture of the company and direction of management is highly volatile... how will Xerox stay modern? Due to the extremely competitive landscape, some scaling and changes are needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your talent... don't let them leave. Find your top performers through whatever means necessary and keep them happy.

I was happy to work there and was a very good learning experience under senior technicians

Material Programmer (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsVery technical, can achive satisfaction through outcome and a good place to work inorder learn under senior technician.

ConsConstant bad business by mangement

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop Hiring Nephews, uncles and relations for managerial positions, Needs professional, accountable and buisness worthy person.

Great People, Great work-life balance

ProsGreat people working here, great work-life balance (depending on your department/manager), Mentorship Program

ConsSalary increase program (aka cost of living increase) has been non-existent for the past several years

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't micro manage your employees! If you take the time to hire well, you should be able to trust the professionals you hire.

Great Sales Company but unfortunately, their glory years are behind them.

Sales Executive (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsLarge and structured.
    Great Training.
    Career Advancement.
    For the most part, good, hardworking workforce.
    Good Rewards and Recognition for over performers.

ConsWatered down industry.
    Many tenured and talented staff are leaving or have left.
    Shrinking profits with stagnant stock price.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet into new silos of business. The copier printer thing is boring. Enterprise software and HR service type business are booming. Xerox already has a foot inside sooo many companies that would cross purchase from Xerox if Xerox came with another way to make more profit.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!