World Wrestling Entertainment Reviews

76 reviews filtered by
3.1
World Wrestling Entertainment Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon
Vince McMahon

Pros
  • Great work colleagues, fast paced work environment, creative work, great benefits, challenging projects, free gym (in 4 reviews)

• Great junior level staff with ability to receive free tickets to the show (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I'll agree that work-life balance can be a challenge here (in 7 reviews)

• Hard to get to the top when they hire upper-management from outside (in 5 reviews)

1. Unprofessional Environmenet

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time

Pros

Talented writers, designers and developers.

Cons

The leadership strategy at WWE is two fold, intimidation of leadership and zero promotion from within.

2. Career Graveyard, The WWE has become a very uncomfortable custody battle

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Stamford, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Stamford, CT (US)

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good momentum, fair pay, access to touching all points in media/entertainment, highly visible American brand, kinda dankish but free gym, indoor cafeteria staffed by fun imbibing chefs, constant pivot of priority

Cons

Whatever stage of a career you are in this will be where it goes to die. WWE is never pilfered for its executive or managerial talent for reason-they're not talented. You work here to go through motions but as far as advancing your skill sets or professional achievement those things are not going to happen and thus your role is in providing for the WWE without reciprocation. This is why you only find people who have worked there for 0-2yrs or +10yrs, there's no middle because either they've fled or are culled every few years.
    Constant pivot of priority, death by meetings, no security in role, zero trust in the person to your left/right/above you/below you.

Advice to Management

1/restructure
    2/go private, again
    3/merge
    4/need 1 change at tv

I left the company after I realized that Shane wasn't coming back to save us all and that Steph & H weren't being given the reigns as they should have been. The WWE has become a very uncomfortable custody dispute between two senior execs over who will take ceo and that battle cost the company lots of good people.

VKM is the Man!

3. Great company with many opportunities...

Current Employee - Director in Stamford, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Stamford, CT (US)

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Everyday at WWE is a different day and presents different challenges, so there is never a dull moment. The employees are talented and are very passionate about this brand. WWE also values their employees and illustrates that by providing opportunities internally and always looking to grow talent from within.

Cons

Work-life balance is always a challenge no matter where you work, but I think it is more challenging at WWE especially if you are a mom wanting to be successful in your career. I also think that promotions and compensations are inconsistent across the company.

Advice to Management

Treat others as you would want to be treated.

5. Working at WWE

Pros

I have been working at WWE for nearly 4 years. It has been a terrific experience both professionally and personally. I have been provided with the opportunity to learn, grow and move within the company. Staff is collaborative and some of the most hard working dedicated people I have ever met. I enjoy coming to work every day and look forward to many years to come.

Cons

Work life balance can be challenging at times when working for a 24/7 global entertainment company.

6. Working at WWE.

Current Employee - Production Assistant in Stamford, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Production Assistant in Stamford, CT (US)

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment

Pros

Good benefits, lots of opportunities to do what you want. Mostly everyone you work with is very friendly and enjoyable to be around. Non salary jobs offer a ton of overtime whenever you want it, flip side being you don't make very much hourly and will need it.

Cons

Pay isn't great. Tough to move through early and mid-career points. Highly political atmosphere that will downright disregard your ability or talent if someone more important than you decides they dislike you.

Advice to Management

Understand employees better, offer clearer communication as opposed to vaguely recalling problems in the past. Place a greater importance on creativity and less on politics.

7. Great Place to Work and Grow!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)

Pros

WWE is a great place to work if you’re looking to advance your career, be challenged on a daily basis and work in a fun, fast-paced environment. Employees are rewarded and recognized for their hard work. There's also a great sense of accomplishment among employees. It's a great feeling knowing you're making a real impact to the business.

Cons

Work/life balance is definitely something that’s difficult to manage.

Toxic environment

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment

Pros

Good pay, very talented staff.

Cons

It's like being in junior high in terms of office politics. It's hard to feel good about your job when a lot of the executive staff is so demeaning.

Advice to Management

Be on time and respect your employees. Treating everyone like they are beneath your intellect is counterproductive to a healthy work environment.

North Korea might be a better option

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits were good and comp was in line with or better than competitors by title, free tickets to events if you're into that. Decent Gym that is free, if you can get the time to go there.

Cons

Manage through fear. Too many Managers, not enough Doers. No such thing as work-life balance. They view you as property that is available to them 24/7 even when on "vacation". Culture is a giant CYA, you WILL be thrown under the bus multiple times a day, so be prepared. There is a complete lack of internal development and growth opportunities.

Advice to Management

You're a mature company, not a growth company. Use the cash cow that is right in front of you and leverage the cash for growth through acquisition. You have great talent at the lower levels that is being driven out by poor strategy and even poorer Managers. This place needs a complete overhaul in management. Also, Vince needs to give up the CEO job to an outsider, he's too emotionally attached to decisions.

10. Internship Program

Former Employee - Intern in Stamford, CT (US)
    Former Employee - Intern in Stamford, CT (US)

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment

Pros

-Friendly staff
    -Great experience, highly recommended for a WWE fan

Cons

-unpaid
    -located in Connecticut, far commute if you live in NYC

Advice to Management

-start having paid internships

11. Great experience for an Intern

Current Intern - Intern in Stamford, CT (US)
    Current Intern - Intern in Stamford, CT (US)

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are a fan like I am, it's a pretty awesome experience interning at WWE. The people are extremely nice and you wear a number of different hats depending on your department.

Cons

None besides the fact that it wasn't paid. I would've preferred to work full-time and have it be paid as opposed to 20 hours and no pay.

Advice to Management

Didn't deal with upper management too much, but I would advise to make yourselves more available to subordinates. I've heard the work-life balance is tough, but I didn't experience that as a part-time Intern.

World Wrestling Entertainment Photos