World Travel Holdings

Updated 19 September, 2014
3.2

World Travel Holdings Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Brad Tolkin
Brad Tolkin

Pros
  • Working from home is nice, there is a good support structure even though you work from home (in 17 reviews)

• But seriously, the best reason to work here is perhaps the people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Throw them on the phones for the busy season during the first part of the year and when it slows down they are glad to see you go (in 4 reviews)

• There's so much this company need to improve on for their call center (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Eh.

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

great fellow employee, work from home

Cons

They do not work with your schedule for any reason, not school, not another job, not family. Everything is done by what they feel they need.

Pay attention to your smaller employees, they make the company and will probably be your boss one day.

I LOVE my job

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

What more is there to say? I get to talk to people all day long about their upcoming cruise. I get to do this all while working from home in my pajamas....

Cons

The benefits are a little better than average, but very pricey! I wish that the monthly premiums would decrease. It would really be nice if they offered Aflac insurance.

Keep up the good work. You make this a wonderful place to spend 8 hours a day. 9 years with WTH and hopefully many more to come :)

Incredible. I love my job, the role, the people and the direction we're heading in.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

People, the work, hours, pay and and the fact that we are selling dreams. The travel industry is a fun industry to be in, especially since I love to travel.

Cons

We are a low margain business so there is a lot of pressure because every booking counts. It's a 24/7 business so it's hard to find employees willing to work the non desirable shifts.

Keep doing what you're doing! You did an awesome job at pulling this company out of hard economic times. You made the hard decisions and continue to keep your eye on the ball.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good long term company

Current Employee - Software Manager  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Manager in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Good work life balance, upper management gives sufficient space to employees to decide/perform

Cons

Industry is not fast growing and it's hard for a company to grow much faster than the industry. Limited growth leads to limited opportunities.

Come up with ways to lead employees multitask.

Amazing organization that cares about the employees and values your perspective

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Great potential to earn great money, robust training program, leadership that cares and invests in the business and the people, travel perks, great work locations, alot of tenure with great opportunity to learn from others that have been in the business for a long time.

Cons

It is a seasonal business so always be prepared for a busy first quarter. Plan vacations accordingly so you can enjoy the great industry you are a part of.

Continue leading the business with the passion and pride that you do. Your desire to see this business continue to succeed and grow does not go unnoticed!!

Great place to train and learn the cruise business.

Current Employee - Group Sales
    Current Employee - Group Sales

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Work your own hours. You can earn an unlimited income however it dies take a while to build up
    your sales.

Cons

The management is ok. If you do not work you do not make any money. If you have a reservation to cancel they will take the commission out of your next pay check.

Be much more helpful to people who are having a difficult time making sales rather than gushing over the people that are making sales. Everyone wants to be successful.

They don't pay well!!, the more you know they change your banding and your pay decreases

Current Employee - Travel Pro
    Current Employee - Travel Pro

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

To have a job, do a couple of ship tours, eat the food on tours.....thats the only perk you'll recieve.

Cons

Alot of micro managing and ass kissing, they treat you like a race horse!!! the scheduling sucks and changes every three months.

They dont pay well, the more you know about selling cruises and learn the ships. They force you to change your banding to get more commission, this is done when its the busy periods so you can think your making more money!!!....They are nothing but Hustlers!!

I loved it, but working virtually is difficult

Former Employee - Travel Pro
    Former Employee - Travel Pro

I worked at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Best health benefits I've had with any employer, amazing travel perks, solid training program, good support, ongoing training and ease in getting time off.

Cons

Working virtually I felt less recognized that I would have if I worked in an office environment. Straight out of training I was in the top 10% with my overall sales numbers but I was frustrated that there wasn't anyone I felt could truly vouch for me as an individual or could mentor me to move forward in the organization. I loved the company and was working on my MBA when I was there and I wish I had instead worked someplace that would have helped me move forward in my career. I took a few cruises and had fun though :)

I think I pretty much voiced my concerns with the company. There are great people working at WTH but either working virtually wasn't for me or there is some work to be done to make virtual employees truly feel like they have the opportunity to advance their careers there.

A good company to work for but unclear of goals and current supervisors pretend to work and do nothing.

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

World Travel Holdings offer a decent benefit package especially decent considering today's economy. The people that work for this company are like one big family and look out for each other. I do like how instead of having to pass a customer from one department to the next we can assist a customer with Sales and Service; although, specializing in service can be lost if you are too busy trying to sell.

Cons

Senior management and supervisors (not all) but quite a few should be become actors and actresses. Maybe if they actually worked and supported their teams with feedback good or bad it would help to develop skills and motivate their employees. Also, senior members ask for feedback regarding systems and ways the company may improve the overall customer experience, it goes in one ear and out the other. Why waste employee’s time asking for their feedback if they are not going to use it or at least give updates on what we've requested? There are too many members of management not working and getting paid for it.

Stop allowing some employees to get away with calling out all the time or coming in late all the time. It is completely and utterly shocking how someone that can never show up on time and always calls out for any excuse major or minor can be considered top three ranking on a team. Something is not right with that picture. The quality of some employees work is being overlooked because members of management are too busy showboating and pretending to work. Management, please pay better attention to your team members by reviewing their work and providing feedback. Also, tighten the reins when it comes to consistently being tardy and calling out. These actions take a toll on the rest of the team. Try actually listening to the feedback we give about the current systems and how they might be improved and please do not lose focus on specializing in quality service to our customers.

Good place to work - especially with the new management

Former Employee - Manager  in  Wilmington, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Manager in Wilmington, NC (US)

I worked at World Travel Holdings

Pros

The new management (taking company from World Travel Holdings from National Leisure Group) is very strong. There are good guys at the helm (finally).

Cons

Benefits are not great. Health insurance costs a lot - they spend money on things like pet insurance ad legal insurance instead of offering better quality health care for lower premiums.

Invest in a better benefits package.

Worked for World Travel Holdings? Contribute to the Community!