Workday Reviews

Updated 24 October, 2014
4.3

Workday CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri
Aneel Bhusri

Pros
  • work-life balance is great, they give you reimbursements for fitness so they want you to go work out (in 9 reviews)

• Great product, well-managed at the higher levels, expanding, very positive and flexible work environment (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Benefits are the worst a Bay Area Tech company can ever offer (in 6 reviews)

• Can sometimes work really long hours to finish up a project before the deadline (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Exiting place to be.

I have been working at Workday full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Culture
    People
    Growth
    Being part of something special and very unique.

Cons

No convicts work here, why do you ask?

On and OFF place to work. No empowerment to senior employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Workday full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Culture is ok but needs improvement

Cons

New management, hire comes in and ruins morale...you are never valued and always replaceable. That is the mentality.

Listen to the employees that have been around. They know what's best for the company not some new hot shot executive. Action on submitted complaints.

Great company to thrive in

Current Employee - Software QA Engineer in Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software QA Engineer in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Workday full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The perks, benefits, such smart people, great time off policy. We work hard but we also know how to play hard!
    They take care of employees, investing in them. I like the management style too.
    The clubs they offer such as a book club, cycling, etc are great and they also really focus on wellness.

Cons

So one thing, they really focus on referrals, so that said, it seems a lot of lazy folks that were left at the "other" company in Pleasanton are now making their way to Workday. It's unfortunate. Just because someone is referred by their friend doesn't mean they have a great work ethic. I think they should focus on recruiting people from other companies and not necessarily former oracle or peoplesoft people. Or ask other people who may have worked with them previously.
    Lack of bathrooms in the building. Usually a line in the ladies room.

I love Workday and our culture. However, bringing over managers and above from the former company/"other" company is going to degrade the culture. The other company had a cutthroat, back stabbing culture where no one shared information with each other. I really do not want to see that happen to Workday. Those people do not belong at Workday and more and more I am seeing some of those people being hired.

Workday values its Customers, Employees and is a fine place to work

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Workday full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Workday is a continuation of the culture developed and matured originally at PeopleSoft. We treat our Customers and Employees very very well and with respect.

Cons

Sales Reps do not earn as much as at other ERP and Software sales companies in general. But if you exceed your quota you can blow out your earnings.

Provide either a travel allowance, or an extra starting bonus or more incentive to last the first year or two before a really large deal can get fully baked.

Great people and culture, and interesting work

I worked at Workday as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

What sets Workday apart is the culture. They put a big emphasis on your personality, and it shows in the hiring process and your coworkers. I became good friends with several coworkers in just a few months. My manager did an awesome job and it was evident that he really cared about every member on the team. He would always check in to make sure that the workload wasn't overbearing and would ask for individual input. The work is fun and rewarding, and the technology is unique and innovative.

Cons

The company is growing at a rapid rate and new initiatives are constantly undertaken. As a result, sometimes the spec or design of a project could be clearer, so that employees do not waste time building something that will be scrapped because it didn't match the customer's/management's expectations.

Consider assigning senior engineers a lesser workload so they can act as mentors for younger engineers. I know some managers do this already and from what I've observed, it yields very positive results.

Well run company

Current Employee - Software QA Engineer
    Current Employee - Software QA Engineer

I have been working at Workday full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Workday is a fun company that means business! We know how to make getting it done satisfying for both employees and customers which means that we have a lot of happy employees and customers. Workday has a workforce that is diverse and well rounded, and I believe that this shows in its products!

Cons

Workday needs to invest in better chairs. We sit in those things for the majority of our waking hours, they need to be comfortable and ergonomic, and are worth an investment.

place an appropriate value on facilities rather than pinching pennies there.

Workday is the best company a person can work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I have been working at Workday full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been working here for about 4 months now. I came straight out of college with a degree in business. Working for Workday as been the most incredible experience. They take so much time and money in training their employees. I'm challenged every day. My leadership gives me the tools to succeed. The people that I work with are hard working, funny, and just down right good people. I'm not over worked even though I'm salary, work about 40-45 hours a week. Also the industry is exploding so Workday is growing faster then any company I know. I turned down a huge salary to come here and I have to say it was so worth it. I'm so happy to come into work every day.

Cons

I can't think of anything honestly.

Keep making your employees feel appreciated and continue to challenge them on the individual level.

Innovative company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I worked at Workday full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Cutting edge and innovative technology
    -Rapid growth as cloud ERP software takes over Oracle / SAP market share
    -Smart co-workers
    -Seasoned leaders

Cons

-Low pay for the Bay Area and especially for a company growing so rapidly.

-Need to pay more fairly for the contributions employees make to help Workday grow so quickly.

Best company I've worked for

I have been working at Workday full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, informal, ambitious, friendly, just a great place to work. Loads of opportunities and really smart people.

Cons

Hours can be long (by choice to get things done) but there is a lot of flexibility if you want to work from home, start earlier/later etc.

Employee Friendly

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

Workday is really focus to preserve its key values and keep working environment employee friendly. They provide great on boarding and new hire trainings.

Cons

Pay is average and benefits could be better.