Workday

Workday Reviews

Updated Apr 22, 2014

Workday Co-CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri

Aneel Bhusri

Pros:
  • "My work-life balance is respected by both my peers and management"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Great people and a really great company"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Long hours but this is understandable given company's stage of growth"
    in 6 reviews
  • "They push you to vote for them to be one of the best companies in the bay area"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Exiting place to be.

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

ProsCulture
People
Growth
Being part of something special and very unique.

ConsNo convicts work here, why do you ask?

Fun place to work, great employees, great technology

Associate Test Automation Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking here is a great time. Lots of company parties, team outings, great culture and work-life balance.

ConsNot very competitive with pay, raises, RSU's, or bonuses. I've been here 2 years and I just received my first raise. It would have been a good first year raise, but after 2 years I was expecting much more. They also only give raises/promotions twice a year during performance reviews.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better compensation

Great atmosphere and fun place to work.

HCM Consultant (Current Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat place to work. Fun atmosphere with great leadership. The pace of work is changing constantly as the company grows which makes for great challenges.

ConsSome may see the constant change as a con. It can make things feel a little unstable but all I see is opportunities with the amount of growth the company is going through.

Definitely a solid place to work.

Associate Software Intern (Former Employee)
Pleasanton, CA (US)

I worked at Workday as an intern for less than a year

ProsGREAT people, GREAT work environment, very laid back and relax culture.

The people here are very supportive and are always willing to help. They're genuinely happy and don't mind coming in to work, but at the same time, they don't get overworked to the point where they have to come in on weekends all the time. I came in on weekends pretty often because as an intern with no car, I had nothing better to do and the building was virtually empty. This is in stark contrast with companies like Facebook where people are always working.

ConsLimited snack closet and break room snacks.

Advice to Senior ManagementI can't speak for the managers overall, but the ones I had were very supportive and helpful.

Overall Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Workday as a contractor

ProsPay is good and company is growing quickly.

ConsPolitics within management which is quite unfortunate.

Working with fantastic people to positively and effectively disrupt an industry

Program Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

ProsI have never worked with a more positive group of people working collaboratively and determinedly towards a common goal, and having a ton of fun in the process. Employees are the number one company value, and it shows. Because of the continued growth, you can create your own opportunities if you have the drive, the knowledge, and the skills. If you have a great idea, bring it to the table. You will be listened to, but big egos not welcome.

ConsThe pay is not yet competitive. It's more about taking a bet on the company and its potential for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! The tone and the values are set at the top, and ours is amazing.

Great Place, Great People, Overwhelming Opportunity

I have been working at Workday full-time

ProsInspiring Leadership, amazing product, awesome work environment. As Workday continues to grow, the company maintains a start-up feel and a fun, friendly culture.

ConsNo true cons, though I think some departments may have lower salaries in comparison to other companies of similar industries

Best place to work, ever

Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

ProsStarted paying super competitively as of November 2013 due to the IPO.
Management cares about you, and the work place is friendly.
It has an upbeat college atmosphere where you're expected to be extremely social.

ConsSome people spend all their time here. But that may be simply because they like it, not because they have to.
People are often loud, joking, and jolly, which is mostly a pro but sometimes is distracting from work. You'll need some noise cancelling headphones if you want to concentrate.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp new hires understand what is expected of them.

Awesome Rollercoaster!

Senior Recruiter (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

ProsBest technology; great people who are in it for the ride, not the cash; huge growth; focus on customer happiness (not screwing them for short term profits); a joined-up and exciting narrative; very honest about flaws and getting better at solving them. Positive, enthusiastic, professional staff - walk the floor: everyone is friendly and you won't know who the VP's as everyone is so friendly - no ivory towers here!

ConsNot as aggressive as competition; growing pains can leave gaps in the organisation and its processes can be clumsy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep staff informed, continue engaging with as many people internally as you can - the informal 'brown bag' sessions are great to get the big picture.

Sales Director Southeast

Regional Sales Director Atlanta Area (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSuperior Solutions for HR, Payroll and Financials for organizations with experienced management and employees at all levels who work together. We offer excellent pay and sales territories for the company and especially large enterprise sales for Georgia, TN and Kentucky along with other areas. I have been here almost 4 years and worked in NYC and now in the south. Love Workday !

ConsIn constant demand for best and brightest to keep our growth. Finding the right people for our culture and capable of selling value versus price for best results to customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and providing us the best solutions for our customers to get love quick and gain the most value for their organizations. We have 97%+ customer satisfaction that no one can beat with smart employees who care.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!

Workday Videos

Workday – Why Work for Us?

The Enterprise Cloud for HR and Finance In 2005, longtime friends and software visionaries Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri set out to change an industry. They started with a clean sheet of paper and combined decades of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Workday reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Workday CEO Aneel Bhusri. All 114 reviews are posted anonymously by Workday employees.