Workday

Workday Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Workday CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri

Aneel Bhusri

Pros
  • My work-life balance is respected by both my peers and management(in 7 reviews)

• Great people and a really great company(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours but this is understandable given company's stage of growth(in 6 reviews)

• They push you to vote for them to be one of the best companies in the bay area(in 5 reviews)

Exciting place to work

ProsFast paced, innovative, rapidly expanding, great culture,

Conslong hours but its worth it!

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote within

Great Company

ProsGreat health care, growing company

Consemployee perks are few but on the rise

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the workday way and culture #1.

incredible work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsGreat atmosphere, competitive working environment, high collaboration, All in all a great fun company to work for that is a "work hard, play hard" mentality

ConsCan sometimes work really long hours to finish up a project before the deadline. When you get onboarded you get thrown right into the mix of things which can be overwhelming

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp out the new hires so that they become familiar faster with the company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Workday - a good place to join the cloud

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsVery smart team - easy access to resources

ConsToo many hours - no work/family balance

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

Workday is a great place for smart and creative people

ProsAt Workday, you'll work with the best and the brightest. Everyday you get to be inspired by someone with whom you work, and you get to try things you've never done. Workday is a very flat organization, which means that your voice always matters. Workday is filled with people who are givers rather than takers, as the culture is built on collaboration rather than politics.

ConsI've never worked as many hours as I work at Workday. The pace can either be invigorating or draining, depending on your personality.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the most part, Workday's management seems terrific. It's great to have a visionary CEO, and to have people who really seem to care about the future of Workday as managers.

Great company to be part of with loads of career opportunities in the long run

Csd (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Pros-Great colleagues
    -Since the company is still 'small' you feel like you actually contribute to the companies success
    -A lot of exposure to other business units which can help you develop a career path
    -Everyone is all about 'work hard, play hard'
    - Many career possibilities in the long run

Cons- Average salary
    - Limited career options short term
    - Limited training
    - Fast growing companies might not be for everyone

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop your employees

Exciting, discovering and building the future of ERP-Cloud.

Talent Acquisition Recruitment (Current Employee) Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Pros- Great to work for true ERP-could business
    - Winning business of the legacy SW enterprise
    - Start-up with intelligence, ambition and longterm vision
    - Great Leadership, greater employers.

Cons- A start-up is not for everybody
    - short lines of communication and efficient lines can be difficult when not used to it.
    - Very senior people with a "can do" and "will win" mentality can be confrontational

Advice to Senior Management- Keep zooming in on the floor
    - Keep excluding and not accepting average in everything you plan and execute.

Opportunity if you are in the "in" crowd

ProsCompany is growing fast and gaining market share. Good ride while the other ERP companies struggle to get in the cloud.

ConsVery cliquey, and if you are not Peoplesoft alumni, your career options are limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize and utilize experience of employees who have other than Peoplesoft backgrounds. Give the over 30 yo new hires as warm a welcome as the new college graduate kids.

Great place to get suckered into with empty promises

ProsWorkday has generally a great product and innovative technology. They are on course to become market leaders in a very competitive space with room for growth and expansion. There are some good coworkers to be had with lots of industry and technology experience. Good place to grow your career and explore (especially for younger new grads).

ConsPay is horrifically below industry standards (especially for the Bay Area). Even being here for over a year, the promise of a pay raise is just a dream that's teased by upper management and HR (many people can attest and have left because of this). Even post-IPO, many people had hoped that pay raises and compensation normalization would come quickly, as of this writing, this has yet to come. Like many reviews here, unless you were here in the early days, you will not be cashing out a ton of money from the IPO.

There are 'in' crowds and 'out' crowds, your experience here will vary by which crowd you get into.

The 'best company in the bay area' claim is such a joke. The bagels (which you get sick of), free fruit (which only come 2x a week) do not offset the bad company benefits, lack of any other relevant 'extras', lack of bonuses, promotion, etc. The claims in that 'award' is a lie and is clearly a bribe from HR to boost applicant volume.

If you're considering a career at Workday, proceed with caution and come in with very low expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop kidding yourselves and listen to employee's plights if you really do 'care'

Great learning experience; Politics are subtle but dangerous

Marketing (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

Pros* Fabulous technology
    * Experienced leaders
    * Great potential for growth and world domination

Cons* Political scene among leadership is subtle, but when the big dogs don't like something/one, watch out
    * Coworkers are not as helpful to each other as I expected them to be / they describe in their culture
    * They underpay in salary (but it's made up in stock)

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in some training to managers. Discourage "territory building" amongst higher level VPs. Compensate people in salary at market rates please.

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!