Workday

Workday Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Workday CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri

Aneel Bhusri

Pros
  • My work-life balance is respected by both my peers and management(in 7 reviews)

• Great people and a really great company(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours but this is understandable given company's stage of growth(in 6 reviews)

• They push you to vote for them to be one of the best companies in the bay area(in 5 reviews)

Very political company - if you're connected, great. If not....good luck.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat product and huge market momentum. Very strong position in the market and working on converting from legacy systems.

ConsExtremely political leadership that takes care of the inside crew and doesn't care about the rest. The top makes all the money.

Pretty Good

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsThe Generation Workday program does a good job of bringing in top talent and grooming them to be the future faces of the company. For what I do at the company, I found the pay to be great, coming out of school. The company is growing, so they are adding benefits all the time. Nice free gym membership.

ConsIn certain roles, you can be stretched thin a times. Workday emphasizes fun and friendship as being important to the overall culture, but It can be more attainable to some than others.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in your employees and paving the way for great enterprise SaaS!

Fun place to work, great employees, great technology

Associate Test Automation Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsWorking here is a great time. Lots of company parties, team outings, great culture and work-life balance.

ConsNot very competitive with pay, raises, RSU's, or bonuses. I've been here 2 years and I just received my first raise. It would have been a good first year raise, but after 2 years I was expecting much more. They also only give raises/promotions twice a year during performance reviews.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better compensation

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great atmosphere and fun place to work.

HCM Consultant (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT (US)

ProsGreat place to work. Fun atmosphere with great leadership. The pace of work is changing constantly as the company grows which makes for great challenges.

ConsSome may see the constant change as a con. It can make things feel a little unstable but all I see is opportunities with the amount of growth the company is going through.

Definitely a solid place to work.

Associate Software Intern (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsGREAT people, GREAT work environment, very laid back and relax culture.

The people here are very supportive and are always willing to help. They're genuinely happy and don't mind coming in to work, but at the same time, they don't get overworked to the point where they have to come in on weekends all the time. I came in on weekends pretty often because as an intern with no car, I had nothing better to do and the building was virtually empty. This is in stark contrast with companies like Facebook where people are always working.

ConsLimited snack closet and break room snacks.

Advice to Senior ManagementI can't speak for the managers overall, but the ones I had were very supportive and helpful.

Overall Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay is good and company is growing quickly.

ConsPolitics within management which is quite unfortunate.

Great Place, Great People, Overwhelming Opportunity

ProsInspiring Leadership, amazing product, awesome work environment. As Workday continues to grow, the company maintains a start-up feel and a fun, friendly culture.

ConsNo true cons, though I think some departments may have lower salaries in comparison to other companies of similar industries

Best place to work!!

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsI could gush about how much I love working at Workday, but the simple fact is I will look back (in 30 years) at my time and say it was the single best work experience of my life!

ConsDo I really need one?

Sales Director Southeast

Regional Sales Director Atlanta Area (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsSuperior Solutions for HR, Payroll and Financials for organizations with experienced management and employees at all levels who work together. We offer excellent pay and sales territories for the company and especially large enterprise sales for Georgia, TN and Kentucky along with other areas. I have been here almost 4 years and worked in NYC and now in the south. Love Workday !

ConsIn constant demand for best and brightest to keep our growth. Finding the right people for our culture and capable of selling value versus price for best results to customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and providing us the best solutions for our customers to get love quick and gain the most value for their organizations. We have 97%+ customer satisfaction that no one can beat with smart employees who care.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great company great growth

Integration Consultant (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsManagement is very transparent. A lot of highly visible opportunities.

ConsSalary isn't as high as partners.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your employees to keep them happy and consider raises for the deserving.

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!