Whirlpool

Whirlpool Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Whirlpool Chairman and CEO Jeff M. Fettig

Jeff M. Fettig

Pros
  • In general, the work-life balance is above average compared to other large companies (in 26 reviews)

• Whirlpool is a great place to be in marketing or finance (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor work/life balance except for those who are part of the inner circle of cronies (in 16 reviews)

• Wish that upper management was more open to flexible work arrangements (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Competitive, back stabbing, typical corporate environment

Trade Partner Support Specialist (Former Employee) Benton Harbor, MI (US)

ProsNice buildings. That is about it. A pretty view doesn't mean it's a nice place to work.

ConsJust because someone says they want to be a manager does not mean they will make a good manager. Need to implement management training before they hand out the badge. Horrible low level management.

Advice to Senior ManagementPoor leadership and "relationships" . It is all about who you know. If your manager does not like the way your nose sits on your face you will not further your career at this company. Benton Harbor MI is a horrible place to put an $85 million dollar corporate campus. Some people will do okay in this work environment but if your not comfortable throwing your co workers under a bus, this company is not for you.

Good company

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

ProsGood work/life balance, good salary and benefits

ConsPoor inside communication, too many position changes in all levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on improve the process, rather than only on the results, it may help.

You Suck

Assembler (Current Employee) Marion, OH (US)

Prosit's a paycheck, good money. Thats all i can say about that.

Consincompetent management. how they treat their employees. Forced overtime all the time, They don't care if their employees get hurt. Work them like dogs so they can get rich. They allow bulling to go on even if it means the health of others.

Advice to Senior Managementdo your job, protect your people instead of walking on them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't expect to have a life anymore if you work here.You wont have managers ; they are all judgemental micro managers.

Project Engineer (Current Employee) Saint Joseph, MI (US)

ProsBenefits are good; small city - being a whirlpool employee has its perks hence.

ConsLot of empty talk ; engineering has taken a steep fall & innovation is as good as dead.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at consumer before looking at competition .

Great company but feels like continuous work in progress!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFantastic company with great people, passionate about what they do. The company makes you feel like you can drive change.

ConsAlthough people feel like they can drive change, there's a feel that there is some questionable follow-through by leadership and it felt like what is said is not what is done!

Advice to Senior ManagementLeading companies have their ups and downs and when down need to recognize and listen to the recommendations from people with their ear to the ground

Positive

Senior Engineering Manager (Current Employee) Benton Harbor, MI (US)

ProsYou will grow as a manager quickly. You will learn budgeting, people management and will be empowered.

ConsPolitics and it continues to get worse and worse. It holds most people from speaking freely.

Advice to Senior ManagementOver the past years the upper management at WHR has moved to intimidation to get their way. The result is a bunch of yes men in various positions. Start encouraging and rewarding those who contribute honestly and professionally.

I have worked at the Marion,Ohio Plant

Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Marion, OH (US)

ProsGreat Management worked for Paul Nicolosi (now deceased) and all management was great

ConsThey tend to not rehire previous employees that moved away then returned to the area.

Advice to Senior ManagementRehire great workers from the past, enjoyed every minute of my employment
    Leadership was always being updated

Learning culture

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Saint Joseph, MI (US)

ProsGood working environment and you can find people that really lives the company values. Company care about people.

ConsStarting to allow more employee movements among different groups inside organization.. however the process is still slow and burocratic, that sometime makes it easier go to a different company rather than staying inside. Still possible to find cases where leadership dont practive 'walk to talk'.

Strong corporate values and culture continuing to move in the right direction

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Benton Harbor, MI (US)

Pros- Rebounding Industry, competitive compensation, good work/life balance, training opportunities

Cons- Locations (corporate and mfg.), HR practices, slow moving

engineering internship

Prosbig company , global, good payment , 401k plan, nice supervisor

Consa little boring because the city is pretty small.

Worked for Whirlpool? Contribute to the Community!