www.wellsfargo.com

7,383 Reviews

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf
3,691 Ratings

Pros
  • The work-life balance is good and I was able to see a number of interesting deals (in 283 reviews)

• They do have good benefits although they continue to degrade a little every year (in 488 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 565 reviews)

• work- life balance very difficult with the stress management gives to produce (in 138 reviews)

More Highlights

Past employee

Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Mississauga, ON
    Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was a learning experience in the financial realm.

Cons

Banking with WF was a different story, somehow disappointing!

A bank client must be given the benefit of the doubt before determining to close his/her account.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, good work-life balance

Cons

Old Boys club, hard to advance

Company was OK...could be better.

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

The old TAPS program was great

Cons

The wages were really low

wells fargo corporation 2013 review

Former Employee - Operations in Mississauga, ON
    Former Employee - Operations in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-nice people work at wells

Cons

mangement is cheap with raises and promotions

treat people better

Wells Fargo Financial Corporation Canada closed it's doors in the Canadian market for consumer lending.

Former Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Good Salary, GREAT BENEFITS.
    very good company structure, clear objectives, polices and procedures in place
    professional

Cons

To many changes to fast, the changes made did not compliment the Canadian market.
    Expectations were to high with the targets given to the branch employees
    Work load for head office employees were at times excessive and unrealistic

N/A

Good Company of some... Frustrating for many

Current Employee - Credit Manager in Kelowna, BC
    Current Employee - Credit Manager in Kelowna, BC

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

WFF is an excellent company to start out with if you are looking to begin a career in the finance industry. Decent training program to learn the ropes in lending.

Cons

The major downsides to working with the company include low salary to start, poor support and recognition, and a unattainable bonus structure in a few of the markets.

I believe the major issue with the corporation is that there is a very large gap between the ground level employees and upper level management who make the decisions. Many of the implemented policies do not seem to be very realistic.

This company has one of the highest turnover rates in Canada, period.

Current Employee - Credit Manager in London, ON
    Current Employee - Credit Manager in London, ON

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

You can get paid to do nothing.

Cons

How much space do I have for this?
    Getting promoted is a joke. You're lucky if you get a 2% raise at promotion; there are NO yearly raises what so ever.
    Bonus structure is laughable. Sure there is an "opportunity" to make more money, but it requires an emmence amount of effort for a pathetic return. 99% of Credit Managers don't make bonus, those who do its rare for it to be over a few hundred dollars.

Pay higher base salary and give bonuses. There minimum targets are WAY too high at this company (on purpose so they don't have to promote anyone). Turnover for Credit managers in the GTA area was OVER 90% IN 2008!!!!! 90% THAT IS NOT A TYPO

avoid working here

Current Employee - Senior PC/LAN Analyst in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Senior PC/LAN Analyst in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

absolutely nothing, working there was a nightmare

Cons

desktop manager in sioux falls is an idiot. has no clue on how to treat people

stop treating your employees like dirt

Cross Sell or Unemployment, Wells Fargo Only Wants Employees To Sell Customers

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Wells Fargo (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits (but cost creeping up and coverage creeping down each year), Good Morale Both Management and Coworkers, and Honestly a Great Company.

Cons

Cross Selling is the only focus now, firing employees who are great at their job in every area that should matter but if the cross selling results are not meeting the ever ridiculous quota (which continues to rise) than you may not have a job next month. Expectation for customers to say yes to cross selling, leaving you with no real control of your job security. Stress!

Cross sell expectations are going to destroy the customers experience after all tenured employees are fired. All that will be left are employees that cross sell and could not resolve a true complex issue.

Wells Fargo's competitive advantage are their employees

Current Employee - Lead Teller in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Lead Teller in Bellevue, WA (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

I have worked for Wells Fargo for almost two years. I started as a teller and moved to a lead teller position. Wells has an extensive and great training program. They invest in their employees. In my district, I see my district manager every week and it feels less like a huge corporate company and more like extended family. Wells has great benefits and great incentive plans. Sales goals have consistently been lowered every year. Wells is focusing more on ethics and customer service than sales. You can get promoted in less than a year, like I did, if you work hard, take the initiative and ask for help you will succeed. Sales are extremely easy to achieve. Customer service is wells number one priority. You need to be customer orientated. The branch is extremely fun and high energy makes people excited to come to work. In comparison to Chase or BOA, Wells is the way to go. They invest more time and money into their employees and care about their development.

Cons

Hours are tough. Working 9-6 or like my branch,10-7 can be very tough. Not having a set schedule or working at a Sunday open branch is also difficult. Most branches are going to be transitioning soon to sunday open branches. The pilot program is going well and bringing in an increase in profit. Customer's can be entitled jerks.

Take time to get to know even your tellers. They are the face of the company. If the store manager and district manager engage our tellers, the tellers will be more likely to stay and provide great customer service.