WellPoint

www.wellpoint.com

WellPoint Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Joseph R. Swedish

Pros
  • I work from home which is very nice as I don't have to fight traffic every day(in 97 reviews)

• Good level of work/life balance, it's definitely a 9-5 environment(in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • They demand a lot and do not take work/life balance into consideration very often(in 22 reviews)

• This forced an extremely strong and ethical senior management out of the company(in 14 reviews)

I am WellPoint

Pharmacist (Current Employee)

ProsWork-life balance. Benefits, work from home, use clinical and functional skills about how Rx get processed to help real people troubleshoot issues. Use everything I know and encouraged to keep learning. Always looking to improve.

ConsHuge company, people's experience relies a lot on their direct manager and that management branch. It also relies on their understanding of how what they do helps people, many people do not understand this. This is not unusual. Always looking to improve, upper management changes can really swing direction at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep in mind it is great customer service that inspires loyalty and great inter team work and understanding of healthcare as a whole that fuels great customer service. Our members are our families... Immediate and extended.

Good pay, excellent benefits - CSR III

Customer Service Representative III (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO (US)

ProsFlexible schedules, good pay. Excellent benefits. Work at home possible. Easy work, despite stress of talking to people all day long. Relaxed attire approved.

ConsHard to move up. Stressful at times when dealing with irate callers. Not all positions allow work at home. Been here 6.5 yrs, very repetitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementStressful at times, could use more time off.

The company overall, I would rate as a good place to work.

Associate Medical Director (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsThe information I received was fair.

ConsThe information w as not what I was looking for.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe benefits are good.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

RN

ProsGood salary and work from home.

ConsNo flexibility with schedule.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe salary was very good for my geographic area. We had flexible work schedules and were able to work from home. The benefits were good. This was a great place to work and the people were wonderful.

ConsThe company was bought by another , causing the closure of this office. Outsourcing of certain services was done several years before we merged and this caused layoffs.

Worked there a long time

Finance Ops (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN (US)

Prosgood benefits, nice facilities, flexible work schedules

Constoo much re-org, does not promote from within

Advice to Senior Managementkeep employees in jobs they are good at

Overall great company.

Health Educator (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsWork hours, tuition reimbursement, yearly bonuses, work from home options.

ConsLack of advancement opportunities within the company.

Great company

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGreat benefits and great leadership

ConsLocation is horrible due to traffic

Good place to work

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGood people, good benefits, good pay, great place!

ConsSometimes management can be.... not so helpful.

Merging of Cultures

Vice President Level (Former Employee)

ProsVery good people focused on making a difference in the lives of the people they serve. Great opportunities to show what you can do.

ConsDue to the integration of multiple mergers and acquisitions, constant shifting of priorities and approval chains required to get the job done. Groups that were part of organizations that believed in de-centralized management struggled with the overhead and speed of progress from those looking to have everything centrally controlled. Death by Committee.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncreased communication and strategy and goal. Once set, empower the team to get it done and get out of the way.

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!