WebiMax

3.8

WebiMax Founder & CEO Kenneth C. Wisnefski
Kenneth C. Wisnefski

Good Experience, Great People

Former Employee - Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

I worked at WebiMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Great management team and co-workers
    - Best work-life balance I have ever had
    - Ownership is focused on building the company

Cons

- Training could have been more comprehensive

Continue to give employees work from home freedom, get rid of the ones who abuse their time. Keep working to grow the company and maintain the positive culture.

Evolving Company in Growing Industry

Current Employee - Online Marketing Consultant in Camden, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Online Marketing Consultant in Camden, NJ (US)

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Leadership that actually cares about delivering for its clients and keeping their employees happy! Very generous bonus structures and the ability to work from home. Great reputation within the industry with plans to continue to aggressively grow and expand their presence. New location is geographically convenient. New employees are welcomed with open arms and everyone seems to be willing to lend a helping hand.

Cons

The training program is pretty much non-existent. It seems to be at least acknowledged and have been told they plan to address it.

Increase communication - especially for new employees - and create a formalized training program!

Nov 18, 2014Project Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor! We understand the importance of having a staff of talented and motivated workers. The digital marketing industry is fast changing and we ... More

Good Company

Current Employee - SEO Project Manager in Camden, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - SEO Project Manager in Camden, NJ (US)

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Staff
    Friendly and Approachable Owner and Management
    Great work/life balance

Cons

Entry level employees are not the strongest co-workers

Continue to hire quality people that will help grow the company and create opportunities for advancement.

Oct 23, 2014Project Manager

Thanks for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We appreciate your honest feedback. We take pride in having a talented team of hard working people. This feedback helps us continue to ... More

Great for starting out

Former Employee - SEO Content Writer in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - SEO Content Writer in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

I worked at WebiMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They have a pretty flexible schedule, and if you're trying to start in the online writing/content writing industry you'll get a lot of new and professional experience.

Cons

Things seem to be going downhill there in general, when I first started there it was great. Then things just started to get worse.

Departments need to work better together, and managers should listen to their employees more.

A good stepping stone

Former Employee - Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

I worked at WebiMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

flexible days off, can come in between 7:30 - 9 in the morning, a way to get your foot in the door for better opportunities, relaxed atmosphere (when the task list isn't too high) and some people were fabulous to work with, while others not so much, health insurance

Cons

terrible lack of professionalism, college mentality, horrible pay, white lies, no Christmas bonus, no direction, a joke of a raise

stop lying to your coworkers and say get to the point. Get more involved in assisting them. That's not for all management though

Nov 13, 2014Project Manager

Dear former WebiMax employee,

Thank you for taking the time to review WebiMax on Glassdoor. We are always working to improve so we sincerely appreciate the feedback. We understand the importance
    ... More

An Internship Success

Former Employee - Inbound Marketer in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Inbound Marketer in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

I worked at WebiMax as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I was looking for a summer internship, but was told I would be treated like a full-time employee instead of an intern. They delivered on their promise 100%. My first day I was trained alongside a full-time new hire. Their training program was organized, educational, and systematic. I learned a variety of skills that I would not have learned at college and was able to implement what I learned directly with clients. My supervisor, the current Content Development Manager, supplied the right amount of oversight so that I never had to seek him out for questions, but I never felt micromanaged. He was helpful and encouraging with advice and I received steady feedback on my performance. I also had the opportunity to learn about social media platforms and social media management from the current Social Media Manager. It was an engaging experience and it showed that Webimax's managers are consistent in their mentoring process. Everyone I dealt with at Webimax was helpful and gave positive feedback. I just spent a summer working 40 hours a week. Not only did it go by fast, but I'm sorry it's over.

Cons

I was coming from a western suburb of Pennsylvania so the Mount Laurel location is not ideal, but they are in the process of moving their offices to Camden.

I loved working with everyone at Webimax, which makes me wish I had gotten the chance to interact with them more! There weren't many social activities or ways to meet new people. An occasional company lunch or social activity that involved the company once or twice a year would provide an opportunity to meet more people. Thanks again for the opportunity of a lifetime!

Project Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

I have been working at WebiMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As project manager you do learn many different things and develop your skillset. You can strengthen your ability speaking with clients in person and on the phone, managing clients (expectations, deadlines, etc.), develop online marketing strategy and skills further, manage time efficiently, work on the small to-do's while keeping an eye on the big picture, work to deadlines. Time off is very generous and the work environment is fun, and supportive if you put in the time and effort and you show care for your clients to your colleagues and management. This is noticed. Contrary to what some reviewers say, management works hard to push the company forward and will meet you half way of you put in the effort. You are encouraged to work independently but the support network is there. Staff is quality, there are quality people that you want to work beside and you can develop solid relationships as a result.

Cons

The flow of information can improve regarding announcements and developments. The office space is older without much atmosphere, but that does not negatively impact the core experience. Pay for some positions can be neutral, but these are entry positions and as you develop, your salary grows along with your role and responsibilities.

Horrible

Former Employee - SEO Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - SEO Project Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

I worked at WebiMax full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You make friends because you all go through the same thing together

Cons

I don't know where to start.

-Horrible service
    -Horrible staff support
    -Horrible Management
    -Horrible Product Offering
    -Horrible Client Acquisition
    -Horrible Communication
    -Horrible Pay
    -Horrible Ethics

Ken, if you read this. Fire your management immendiately. The company suffers because of them not because of the 'incompetent employees' Stop hiring your friends and start recruiting personnel like Gurzo who can offer value to the company. During my time at the company I witnessed some pretty horrible decision-making. I gave it my all, but after seeing how people actually think it made me run for the hills. Escalation practices are horrible. 75% of my time was put toward escalation calls that were doomed to fail. Stop firing clients. That is money going out the window for no reason. Take control, you were the only one I thought that was competent at finding a viable way to run the company. Operations was a mess, sales was good but we hired the wrong type of clients. I know you take what you can get, but sometimes its best to let the doomed ones go. It will help bring in more retainable and sustainable clientele. Right now, this process is causing employees to leave, bad reviews and ultimately a sense of distrust among the company. I don't know how some people are still working for you (from a lower level status) but those people deserve better and deserve more responsibility. This is a message to you, not to the people who go on glassdoor. Be smart and cut your losses while you can. Find your valuies and align them with your clienteles needs.

No Motivation

Former Employee - Anonymous in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

I worked at WebiMax full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The atmosphere is generally low-key. By that I mean the dress code is essentially nonexistent and there are occasional parties.

Cons

Nobody has any idea what they're doing. You're criticized for thinking outside the box. Emphasis is exclusively on quantity; never quality. Mobility is minimal and based entirely on friendships rather than expertise. Tactics are completely experimental - nobody takes the time to test theories; they throw clients in head-first before knowing if the strategy works. The only form of accountability is the blame game.

Actually pay attention to what's going on in your company.

Steer clear of this place.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

I worked at WebiMax as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere. At times, the place was too laid back to the point where certain people didn't respect the space/privacy of other individuals.

Cons

Laid back atmosphere. Compensation is poor. Training is basically non-existent. There is a definite core group of the owner's pets, and the positions those people hold are handed out based on friendship and not on competence at completing assigned duties.

Get rid of the "old boys' (and girls') club, and put people in management positions who understand and are qualified for their roles. For instance, appointing someone to head the Human Resources Department who has no Human Resources training, is not the way to instill confidence in your employees.