Weber Shandwick

Updated 19 November, 2014
3.8

Weber Shandwick CEO Andy Polansky
Andy Polansky

Pros
  • Collaborative office; phenomenal resources; good work-life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Great opportunities to work with great clients (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life balance can be a little crazy at times, but you'll experience that at an agency (in 19 reviews)

• The work/life balance tends to shift to the work side of the scale, so be prepared for long hours (in 23 reviews)

More Highlights

Intern

Current Employee - Intern in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Intern in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Weber Shandwick as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Lot's of experience, great people and fun work!

Cons

May not be a job at the end, but you have a higher chance of being hired than most places.

assistant account executive

Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I worked at Weber Shandwick full-time (less than an year)

Pros

really enjoyed colleagues. Personalities and interests are similar throughout the office

Cons

terrible salary. Programs were usually extensions of American clients. Not very active in new business at the time

build credibility for better clients and bigger budgets

Learned Tons

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Weber Shandwick as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I learned so much in my short time here. They really do work you hare as an intern - which in a long run is a great thing. The next firm I went on to could see the great experience I gained from Weber Shandwick.

Cons

Sometimes it seems like the place is a bit of factory - like everyone is just a cog in the wheel. I guess that goes along with the corporate culture though.

Make everyone feel equally important, and that they are actually adding a unique benefit to the firm.

It's Got What You Need (And MUCH More)

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Honestly, there's so little that I can complain about. We are a big company and have a massively cooperative and collaborative network across the board. I don't feel like just another cog in the wheel and I'm really junior on the team. We get regular communications from our leadership and recognition for what we do as a team/offices. Benefits are nice and make you feel like you're appreciated and that there is a good mix of downtown/happy hours/just for fun sessions to relax. Also, when I need to go to a doc's appt or leave earlier to attend a personal/professional event, my supervisors have been very flexible with my own schedule.

Cons

Since you're working with passionate and type A people, we are really focused on the details which can sometimes hinder the overall movement forward. There's also a culture of working late (even if you might not have much to do) and the more junior the harder. Sometimes I'm not too sure what are vision and goal is and how we are stacking up against that even though we win all of these awards.

Have a communications about our goals, visions, and steps to get there. Where did we measure up to these goals in comparison to last year.

Chart Your Own Course

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast moving environment, client focus, very nice people. Leadership shows a strong commitment to continue to change and evolve. If you have ideas and speak up for yourself then this is the type of culture that will let you chart your own course.

Cons

Could improve knowledge sharing (cross practice / cross office) and new hire onboarding. Given the rapid pace of change at the moment both are important to stay ahead.

Communicate more.

Great place to work!

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time

Pros

Very smart and talented employees as well as great and well-known clients! Weber has very high standards that allow us to attract "the best of the best". There are vast opportunities to get cross-trained or mentored.

Cons

Employees need to be more vocal about opportunities or programs within the company that they may be interested in.

Consumer Intern

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Weber Shandwick as an intern

Pros

Smart, hardworking and fun office environment. People genuinely care about the clients they work for.

Cons

Managers of separate accounts don't communicate with each other, sometimes leaving the interns confused and spread thin

Communicate

Excellent place to work

Former Employee - Graphic Design Intern in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Graphic Design Intern in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Weber Shandwick as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent Internship program. Didn't feel like an "intern" but more so an actual team member. Great culture, well structured, projects flowed were scheduled well in advanced, young co-workers, good variety of clients

Cons

Work Life balance can be a little crazy at times, but you'll experience that at an agency.

Keep doing what you're doing

Such a wonderful experience so far!

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've never had the opportunity to be exposed to so many senior leaders so quickly in a position. So many great opportunities to help drive visible change. The benefits here are far superior to my prior Fortune 100 employer.

Cons

Sometimes it would be helpful to have the opportunity to meet employees from other offices, especially when you work with them frequently, but I feel like this will come in time.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very talented employees - smart, passionate about the work, and fun. The company offers a lot of opportunities to attend internal training and lunch and learns. The brands we work with are some of the biggest in the world. The office culture in Boston is great.

Cons

Budgets to attend external workshops and conferences are sometimes vague. Some people seem to have these opportunities and others are told we don't have the budget. More consistency is needed.